• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest Leather Jackets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have one for sale 44R...need to buy a new brand...wink wink, nudge nudge. Priced competatively. Private mesage me if interested. I have captain and fo epaulets for it.

Mookie

I don't know what they charge for the Skywest jacket, but Oxfordleathershop.com ships from Korea for 200 bones. Top quality jacket. It might be slightly different from the "standard" but would probably pass.

xjhawk said:
And as for you idiots who are scared to look like something out of top gun, would you rather carry around another coat when you are in your crash pad or in a long over night? jeeze......oh.....and i hear some of the old guys who think it does not look professional.......lets see whats professional...

yes....polyester blazer and pants.....with penny loafers...or some other slip on.......a magnum mustash......(which i actually like somewhat) and wearing that silly hat ....wow....i would rather wear ....khakis and a white shirt.....cause as far as i am concerned, thats okay in the rest of the professional world and they all make more money than i do

My my how the insults fly! So I'm an idiot for thinking you look like Top Gun? Yes I'm an old guy, and yes I think the leather jacket is unprofessional. Way too much ego, if you ask me. I'm thinking about that Volkswagen commercial about "high ego emissions".

Guess I don't have to worry about it since I rarely spend a night outside Dixie in the winter. Seniority is great if you have it. Y'all can go freeze in the Great White North in my place.

John Pennekamp said:
Yes I'm an old guy, and yes I think the leather jacket is unprofessional. Way too much ego, if you ask me. I'm thinking about that Volkswagen commercial about "high ego emissions".

It's not just because you're an "old guy." I'm a young guy, and I agree with you completely. That dang thing looks ridiculous.

I agree with everyone that thinks the leather jackets are ugly and dorky! Are we in this for the fashion sense? Of course not, BUT I would still not be caught dead wearing one of those!

Captain to Me: "Why don't you buy a leather jacket?"
Me: "Because they're ugly and I'd rather freeze."
Captain: "Huh?"

Get the leather jacket if thats what you want. Do you really give a crap what anyone else thinks? I think Mr Pennycamp is an old crusty fart but I don't think he cares what I think. The leather is a lot more comfortable also!

SKYW Pilot said:
The leather's great! It's much warmer than the blazer during the winter and (even though you look like a dork) there's no need to pack an extra jacket to wear when you go out on an overnight. Perrone is expensive, but worth the money, in my opinion. I've had mine almost six years and it still looks great and is holding up well. Yes, the blazer is cheaper, but be prepared to shell out money for a trench coat so you don't freeze to death when you're preflighting an airplane in Calgary with the temp at 5 degrees F!

You still look like a dork, though.

So do I.

:smash:

Nothing worse than that stupid looking blazer/sportcoat, goes real good with your faded pants and doc-martin thick soles.

Latest resources

Back