Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rogue5

Adult Swim junkie
SkyWest Airlines is currently non-union.

An ALPA drive is now underway.

Comments?

Do SKW pilots pay any sort of dues to SAPA?

I don't work for Skywest or ASA, but I found the SAPA pay proposal to be curiously timed with the ALPA drive and ASA's strike vote. Seemed like a good proposal, much better than that offered to ASA, and a good carrot to keep those on the fence away from ALPA.

If SKW *does* vote in ALPA, I hope everyone there will realize that THEY (they pilot group) are ALPA, and its success at Skywest will hinge on strong MEC leadership and group unity.

I'm guessing skywest pilots are going to vote it in or not vote it in because of what they hear, not what they know about ALPA and what it can do to a regional carrier. It's going to be a close one.

Considering the low wages in much of aviation these days, I'm not at all surprised that pilots want to organize their efforts to secure a fair contract. Best Wishes! I hope it is successful. Yes, please keep us posted on the results.
NJW

BoilerUP said:
Do SKW pilots pay any sort of dues to SAPA?

No.

I don't work for Skywest or ASA, but I found the SAPA pay proposal to be curiously timed with the ALPA drive and ASA's strike vote. Seemed like a good proposal, much better than that offered to ASA, and a good carrot to keep those on the fence away from ALPA.

I wasn't that thrilled with it myself, but to each their own. If we vote down ALPA, you can bet this offer will be pulled, having had it's desired effect.

If SKW *does* vote in ALPA, I hope everyone there will realize that THEY (they pilot group) are ALPA, and its success at Skywest will hinge on strong MEC leadership and group unity.

We're well aware of it.

AF :cool:

Latest resources

Back