Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLYN2FAST4YOU

Shootn the ILS to MINS
Southern Air Systems, Inc. is a large part 91 management company with over forty aircraft and growing! In search of self-modivated, determined second in commands to join our team in Tampa and Chicago! Minimums are 1,000 TT with 75 Multi Engine. Interviews are being conducted at the following locations. Please PM If your interested in either location..

May 3 - May 5 Louisville / Lexington, Kentucky

May 5 - May 9 Nashville, Tennessee

May 10 - Tampa, Florida

Way below standard wages for the type of work you'll be doing. Plus....they'll never type you. I did a phone interview with their CP over a year ago after flying freight single pilot and pretty much laughed at him. I had 2,000tt and 900 multi then. Just my experience. Could be different now.

It's a shame they don't pay better, because I live here in central FL, and would fly for them if I could. But for now I'll suck it up and continue commuting up north for better pay and solid days off.

Spoke with Tim today. Gave me all of the info on the company including the pay. $21,000 gear bi*ch. But, he said, it goes up to $23,000 after 90 days. Was very evasive about captain pay. He said "Captain pay? Well, captain pay is captain pay..." Almost as if he was secretly embarassed about telling me. When I told him that the pay was too low for me, he asked me what would be reasonable, to which I replied "$30,000 minimum!" He then argued with me and basically told me that was ridiculous and became quite obnoxious. Then he hung up on me.... Awesome.

Spoke with Tim today. Gave me all of the info on the company including the pay. $21,000 gear bi*ch. But, he said, it goes up to $23,000 after 90 days. Was very evasive about captain pay. He said "Captain pay? Well, captain pay is captain pay..." Almost as if he was secretly embarassed about telling me. When I told him that the pay was too low for me, he asked me what would be reasonable, to which I replied "$30,000 minimum!" He then argued with me and basically told me that was ridiculous and became quite obnoxious. Then he hung up on me.... Awesome.

Quality.... :rolleyes:

But I bet guys will be lining up to sign on....

If you want it to get better guys, Stop whoring out! If we could get everyone to just say no to these wages. It wouldn't take many months of a companies experience for them to come of of it.

If you want it to get better guys, Stop whoring out! If we could get everyone to just say no to these wages. It wouldn't take many months of a companies experience for them to come of of it.

EXACTLY. Pilots need to stop telling upcoming pilots to "oh just take the first job you can, regardless of the pay". That is a huge part of the problem when that mindset of taking low pay in hopes of a later payoff is instilled.

How many times were we all told that? Once that idea gets instilled into someone, it just becomes a reason at any step along an aviation career to take a low paying job or to think that the kind of time you are getting is part of the pay. Tell people the opposite, to discourage them from entering the field as a professional until they can find something decent.

Tell people to say NO to crap wages, instead of telling them just accepting it as the way it is. Every pilot should always have some kind of skill they can put to use to make money too, whether it is banking, bartending or ditch digging.

"Honey, I know right now this sucks, with lots of crappy work and little money. But just think how awesome it will be when it all pays off later on, it will be so great"

Does that conversation sound like something a pilot could be saying, or an amway salesman?

Unfortunately, both.

I met and talked to a few of their pilots while flying 135 on the X a couple of years back. Ended up meeting their CP too..

from what I've seen, they're the absolute bottom of botton feed 135 flying..

Look up Swift Aviation in Phoenix.. at least they'll start you out at $50K to jerk gear, and you can make $80K inside of 4 years..

These guys are raping and pillage, and someplace that I have never heard anything good about.

Latest resources

Back