RV parking at OAK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

swimmer

Can anyone give me the straight skinny on the RV parking situation at Oakland? I have access to a FREE motorhome, and wondering if it will be worth getting a hold of. I think a recent post said it was $110/month, but a previous post claimed that Oakland was planning on doing away with the RV parking. Thanks.

Swimmer

RV OAK

Still $110-ish a month for RV, $30 for a car. It (RV parking) was supposed to go away, but they opened a new lot and so I think that was put on hold. Also talk of a new $25/night Ramada fare, which makes the hotel more cost effective.

Who knows.

OAK Airport Police are being really stupid about large vehicles parked anywhere near the airport. A friend has a contract with United Airlines Maintenance for equipment calibrations and tries to park his mobile calibration lab at their hangar. OAK Police have fined and ticketed him and promised arrest the next time he brought his trailer onto airport property.

He's got every city/county/state/federal permit needed to be there, every FAA certificate and repair station license necessary, yet these public safety guys are still harrassing him.

Now he flies in, taxis to the hangar, picks up the equipment, and the police ignore him.

Go figure.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Latest resources

Back