Realistic Chances of Working forFrontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

js31pilot

Just a question to throw at all of you about my chances of actually getting hired by F9?

4500 total-------1400 PIC Turbine------blah blah
NO jet time
4 Possible LORs

I went to college in Denver and am looking for a way back there. Frontier would be a last stop in my aviation career if there ever was one in this economy. I have 4 good friends there as captains and LOVE workin there.

I am sure 2-3 years ago with those qualifications it would have been a slamdunk with the LOR's-----that is where your opinion comes in. Of course I will still update and continue until my goal has been met, but with the recent hiring there, was just wondering.

Heard that their last interview class had an average of 15-20 K hours----OUCH........

Thanks for the input all............be safe

4 what its worth...

I've been told that the floor is solid at 5000tt. That being said anything is possible at Frontier:) Jet is good but not manditory. We've hired some 1900 drivers in the past few months, but they're the exception to the rule.

The last day until early '04 for resumes' to be accepted by Frontier is 11/7 - tomorrow:( and I think they must be walked in by employees. I posted text from the memo somewhere on this bbs a week or so ago.

Good luck!

I appreciate the quick response greatly. One of my friends did actually did just that.........he handed in my resume into that other pile this week.

As for 5000 that should come by the middle of next year (my regular trips have a lot of away-from-base trips but not much flight time)........

I will defenitely keep plugging away at it and hope to pull some "Frontier Gear" soon....lol

Thanks and tale care F9 Driver.......

4500 hrs., etc....."I'm sure a few years ago it would have been a slam dunk"

Hey fool, you're amusing. Understand something. No matter your hrs., the current hiring trends, how great the people are who you know, how you would sacrafice your first born, etc. Even if your 10 ft. tall, no quality flying job is ever a "slam dunk". Nobody owes you anything, although a humble approach might get you everything you could ever want.

Take a pill Willard

Hey Willard: That was kind of harsh, I don't (hope) think js31 meant it that way. Put down the rats, take a deep breath and relax dude.

Ouch man, lay off the guy. Just because you had to walk through mud and grime for your job doesn't mean you have to make us all swallow your bitter pill. Why does it have to be so hard?

DOG GONNIT, IF I CAN'T WALK BARE FOOT TO SCHOOL I AINT GOIN'! IN THE SNOW ....UP HILL....BOTH WAYS...

Hey Willard.....just for your info I HAVE and AM paying my dues. I am not going into details......just trust me.

Appreciate the support from the previous posts....

Latest resources

Back