RAH lowers mins and increases training pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FDAFCFI

Just a head's up to all you folks here: New mins are 1000tt and 100me. Pay during training is now $400 a week. That beats what I'm getting now at $125 but that's life, when you sign a contract you hold yourself to it and you don't bitch. Hope to see quality pilots at our headquarters soon. I really am impressed by the pilots and captains I'm meeting and the HR department. They admit to growth and the problems associated with growth so I really appreciate the midwest values honesty I've seen so far. Nothing is rosy anywhere so pick your regional on advancement. The captains I've spoken to have been here a little more than 2 years and they wouldn't go anywhere else. Had lunch with a 170 captain who is now getting on at SWA. I'm fourth senior in my class and will not sit reserve. I will make captain in a little more than 1.4 years. Put that in your pipe and take a toke... Anything negative that follows this post is based on rumors and lies and envy/hatred in the industry. I speak only the truth. Ask away.

I will make captain in a little more than 1.4 years. Put that in your pipe and take a toke... Anything negative that follows this post is based on rumors and lies and envy/hatred in the industry. I speak only the truth. Ask away.

Envy? Probably not. Hatred? Yeah, you'll probably get lots of that with this kind of crap. That's a pretty confident post from a brand new employee regarding 1.4 years. As the old saying goes, once you've heard about the fast upgrade, you missed it. I may be wrong, but I like most others am not a fortune teller. Now enjoy the show...

I'll be realistic then and say 2 but after what I saw as far as basing and growth, it looks real. Just being honest. Hate away.

OH YEAH, just figured out why XJT is so negative on RAH. Turns out the CAL jumpseat seniority goes like this: 1st CAL mainline, 2nd CHQ, 3rd XJT, 4th Continental Connection. No wonder there is friction. Not our fault, sounds like XJT's management negotiated poorly.

Last edited:
I want an ORD base so it looks like shuttle america is the only place that would work. Is there still a restriction on the Emb170 (23 years old, 500XC) as I'm 22 with only 400 XC. Whats the word?

yes for the 170 the mins are still rigid and will never change for insurance reasons. The 170 has a long upgrade time. We have captains in our CRJ class who loved the 170 but didn't want to be FOs any longer. They are all good guys and will make a good addition to the CRJ team. Make the mins and with the 175 coming online you should get one or the other. After you've been here two years you get out of seat lock and if I'm captain, I can go to the 170 or 175. Good luck.

1.4 years? did you hit 4 instead of 5?

First of all, it's currently at at least 2 years. And you come off as pretty condescending and self-rightious. Haven't even set foot in the plane and you act like you own the place.

And anyone hoping for chicago..it's not happening right now. Block hours there have lowered now that no delta flying is out of there, and there's a long line of FO's trying to get in.

Sorry, just trying to spill the kool-aid so the new kids don't drink it.

ORD is senior for FOs - no movement there for a while!
1.4 yrs = untrue.

Mngt is blowing smoke up your wazzoo, as I've heard they are even telling newhires that there may be street capts here within 2 yrs - believe it when you see it!
Most of the stuff coming out of the CRJ prgm is funny sh!t - I can't believe they would tell you guys this stuff. As for the JS thing, I doubt it's true. Besides, XJT crews have been nothing but professional to our guys - a class act around IAH, maybe you should keep your posts to yourself for a while.

1.4 years? Yeah maybe but you don't/won't know sheeeeeooooooot! I wouldnt fly with ya. Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back