PRIA - NDR records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

For the purposes of the PRIA NDR records request - can the applicant furnish a 5 yr driving record report straight from the local DMV or does the official PRIA form (8060-13) have to be submitted to the NHTSA. Where does the hiring air carrier send this form? To a national database office or to the state DMV of the applicants residence? In other words - do you get the same info going (in person) to your local DMV and requesting a print out of your driving record than you would get if the air carrier submitted the official form (with Notary).

For the purposes of the PRIA NDR records request - can the applicant furnish a 5 yr driving record report straight from the local DMV or does the official PRIA form (8060-13) have to be submitted to the NHTSA. Where does the hiring air carrier send this form? To a national database office or to the state DMV of the applicants residence? In other words - do you get the same info going (in person) to your local DMV and requesting a print out of your driving record than you would get if the air carrier submitted the official form (with Notary).

NDR is located in D.C. and it is a clearing house for serious/criminal driving offenses. The info. at your local/state DMV may not be up to date or you could be leaving out a state that you have a serious driving offense in. I have seen pilots with drivers licenses for multiple states. I sent a notarized letter to the NDR to see what was on my record and it was clean. they also told me the NDR was for serious driving offenses such as dui, wreckless driving, a license that has beeen suspended or revoked. I hope that helps.

Employers that I have dealt with in the past wanted the applicants to notarized this form and they(employer) sent the information off for verification.

NDR is located in D.C. and it is a clearing house for serious/criminal driving offenses. The info. at your local/state DMV may not be up to date or you could be leaving out a state that you have a serious driving offense in. I have seen pilots with drivers licenses for multiple states. I sent a notarized letter to the NDR to see what was on my record and it was clean. they also told me the NDR was for serious driving offenses such as dui, wreckless driving, a license that has beeen suspended or revoked. I hope that helps.

Employers that I have dealt with in the past wanted the applicants to notarized this form and they(employer) sent the information off for verification.

Umm this is bad info........You should check out the info from the FAA website here:

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/pria/forms_docs/

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/lic_cert/pria/forms_docs/media/National Driver Registry Checks.rtf

For a pilot/applicant’s driver’s license verification request related to the Pilot Records Improvement Act, the entity or TPA will query the National Driver Registry (NDR) as follows.

The website is: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/perform/driver/ if needed.

Refer to the instruction page attached to all FAA Forms 8060-13, and the document: “Overview and Use of FAA Form 8060-13” on the PRIA web site, before beginning the NDR request process.

Use this procedure:

• Use FAA Form 8060-13 available from the PRIA website or another form that is acceptable to your state’s Department Of Motor Vehicles. A consistent procedure for the NDR request process for all requestors is very difficult to establish since almost every state has its own requirements and regulations. Some states will require the use of their own form while others will accept FAA Form 8060-13.
b. Contact your preferred states’ DMV to confirm, request, and receive the proper
NDR request form, if FAA Form 8060-13 is not being used by that state. Many
states use a similar form identified as: ‘NDR-EMP.’ If that state, however, has no
preference, use FAA Form 8060-13.

c. Even though you can forward NDR requests to most states, we recommend that
you utilize the state of Florida for the completion of your NDR requests. All
requests must be on the original form with original signatures, forwarded by U.S.
mail only (no faxes). Notarization is not required, and the use of a certified
receipt request to verify the date of delivery, is highly recommended in order to
document the day of receipt by the NDR respondent.

• For regular or expedited mailing service respectively, to the state of Florida, use the following addresses:
Florida Dept. of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
ATTN: Bureau of Records, Neil Kirkman Building
PO Box 5775
Tallahassee FL 32314

or

2900 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee FL 32399

Phone: (850) 617-2606

Web site: www.hsmv.state.fl.us/

• If you prefer, the state of Texas can process your NDR requests, but they require the use of their own application form and will not accept FAA Form 8060-13. Also, the NDR in Washington D.C. no longer processes these requests.
From the National Driver Registry request you should receive:

• The status of a pilot/applicants’ current state driver’s license. A negative report without reference to an action taken against the pilots’ driver’s license, is considered a clean report. Once received, a clean report completes the NDR request process for the purpose of PRIA.
  • A record of any suspension or revocation of the pilot’s driver’s license including the state where the offense occurred, from the previous 5-year period, if applicable.
  • A record of any convictions of driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI), including the state(s) where the offense(s) occurred, from the previous 5-year period, if applicable.
d. If a positive report is received, in other words, a report indicating an action as
identified above, an additional NDR request must be sent directly to that state
identified in the report. When returned, the NDR request process for the purpose
of PRIA will have been completed.

Frequently asked questions concerning the NDR:

• Can a state charge for completing your request? YES – since the system of records will vary from state to state, the charge will also probably vary.
  • Is there a difference between the information received from the various states, and the information received from the state of Florida or Texas? NO. All are about the same.
  • Are all NDR checks, regardless of who completes the request and where the request was submitted, sufficient for satisfying the purpose of PRIA? YES
Other Considerations:

Since the NDR request process varies from state to state and can be confusing at times, please contact the PRIA program office with your questions or to request additional assistance. You may call: (405) 954-6367 or email to: [email protected]

The question was regarding PRIA records. It is illegal to have drivers licenses in multiple states. If you read what I posted, the FAA recommends that you send your NDR request to Florida or to your state. This is also how you can check your own records. I didn't make this up, this is the information that the FAA provided in its PRIA guidance, and no hearsay.

I think he was referring to having HAD a DL in many states, like I have: MA, CA, PA, NE.

Why is Florida and Texas so involved with this? Do they get more info than other states?

Latest resources

Back