Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tri-holer

Unregistered Ruser
Just saw in the Detroit paper that Northwest is going to demolish part of the new terminal (just opened 7 months ago) in order to expand their operations, especially the regional jets. They said that since United and American were not going to do the 3-4 billion dollar terminal renovation at ORD, they figured Northwest could expand and make DTW more of a hub for all of the travelers. It sounded like they had decided to push for more regional growth.

Anybody at Pinnacle or Mesaba want to comment? Are they saying that growth plans are being expanded?

That's affirm. I believe renovation begins some time this fall. First they're going to add onto the B side of the terminal. As to how many gates I'm not sure. Once construction is finished there, construction will begin on the C side. The way I understood it the construction will only be performed on half of the C concourse at a time. I'm not sure how that will work but I'm sure it means the dreaded shuttle busses will be back!! In addtition to more parking spots, this is supposed to yield restrooms and seats at each individual gate!! What a concept ehh!?

Whomever built the C Concourse at the new terminal in Detoilet appears to have known very little about airline terminals. I'm not sure if it was the same firm who did the B concourse because they are like night and day. You have one main seating area with a few gates and then one long corridor with no seats for the remainder of the terminal, for the C Concourse. Possibly a cost-cutting measure? I guess it's a moot point now, however. They should have done it right the first time.

Ya it's all true, And it is needed. The c and B are both 6 month's old and ever day 9am and 4pm they are out of gates and parking planes in the deice pads until something opens up. Same thing at night 340s are overnighting in the ice pads. Pinnical is still taking crj's every month.

they need more gates.

Latest resources

Back