Part-135 Dornier 328Jet Aborted Takeoff & Crash At Manassas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

Just saw on the news that a part 135 Dornier Jet aborted its takeoff this morning at Manassas (HEF) in Virginia, skidded through a fence at the end of the runway and stopped on a road (landing gear looked crushed). Evidently 8 people on board total with two sent to the hospital with minor injuries (according to the news). The report also stated that both runways at HEF were shut down (big surprise). I believe this took place at around 7AM EDT today.

I believe it is used as a corporate shuttle during the week for Time Warner and used for sports events on the weekend. Anyone with more info?

I can't find anything on this, does anyone know about it. My company has a base at KHEF and it is right beside where the Dornier is hangared but I haven't heard anything from my guys based up there.

Odd how everything is so hush hush. I saw it on the news too - you won't see that bird flying again for awhile...

Just found this on the faa website...

IDENTIFICATION
Regis#: 328PD Make/Model: J328 Description: 328JET DORNIER
Date: 06/03/2006 Time: 1119

Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Minor Mid Air: N Missing: N
Damage: Substantial

DESCRIPTION
ACFT ON TAKEOFF, ROLLED OFF THE END OF THE RUNWAY, THROUGH THE PERIMETER
FENCE AND ONTO THE OBSERVATION ROAD, THERE WERE EIGHT PERSONS ON BOARD, TWO
SUSTAINED MINOR INJURIES, MANASSAS, VA

INJURY DATA Total Fatal: 0
# Crew: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:
# Pass: 8 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 2 Unk:
# Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk:

WEATHER: 29007 5SM BKN006

OTHER DATA

Departed: MANASSAS, VA Dep Date: Dep. Time:
Destination: MYRTLE BEACH, SC Flt Plan: IFR Wx Briefing:
Last Radio Cont:
Last Clearance:

FAA FSDO: WASHINGTON IAD, DC (EA27) Entry date: 06/05/2006

DoJet Pic

I have pictures of it, but how do you post them? For some reason, can't figure that part out. I'll post it in exchange for telling me how to do it?

EB

Last edited:
The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make.
To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Manage Attachments] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.
Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.
After posting, the image attachments may display a thumbnail, depending on the forum settings. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon.

No - Different company. They are based at HEF.

Latest resources

Back