• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW guys check this out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...but if only that white-haired old guy knew how easy it was to fly that plane. Not to mention all the antics, sleeping and video making that go on up front when that door closes.

AMEN! They need that on NBC nightly news..

Dep676 said:
http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

Do not know if this was posted here already or not, I did not see it. You need to get this into managements hands if possible.

A great outsider view on things.
Exactly...that's why I would throw my ass on their airplanes. I don't care if they are reading the dam newspaper up there, just so long as when the bell rings they know what the hell to do. And that's why I would buy a ticket on NWA to get where I want to go. Hell, if the pilots cant read the newspaper, drink coffee and fly the plane...I don't want to ride on them. And believe me, I'm not knocking on the NWA pilot group...read it in the context I meant it.

Steenland's BS is breathtaking, as was Carty's, Reid's and Mullin's.

"We must pay higher bonuses to attract management talent."

No, they must pay high pay and bonuses to upper and middle managers so the top officers can justify their high pay and bonuses. Period.

The leveraged buyout spelled the end, just in slow motion. But what are you going to do if your family is settled and you don't want to start over at new hire pay?

BTW, one of that couple (the pilots in the video) needs to get a job somewhere else if they want to protect the family income. FAA, Simulator instructor, corporate, another airline, whatever. I can understand the desire to have 2 high paying pilot jobs but it may cost them now. Go ahead flame away, but they didn't do a good job of managing their risk.

I know another couple that chose different airlines just for that purpose.

Last edited:
FlyBoeingJets said:
... BTW, one of that couple (the pilots in the video) needs to get a job somewhere else if they want to protect the family income. FAA, Simulator instructor, corporate, another airline, whatever. I can understand the desire to have 2 high paying pilot jobs but it may cost them now. Go ahead flame away, but they didn't do a good job of managing their risk.

I know another couple that chose different airlines just for that purpose.

Not flaming -- just pointing out that they might have met after each of them was hired at NWA.

Also, they're in no worse a position than any married couple relying on one precarious income -- a situation in which many, many pilots and their spouses find themselves now. A lot of people else forum have said recently that a mother should be staying home with the kids; I guess a furlough would satisfy that requirement. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back