• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NW A319/DC-9 Ground Collision Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hadn't heard about this one. The report didn't note any injuries, so I assume everyone got out ok.

Did the pilots shut down and run out of the cockpit? Or, did the pilots stay in the cockpit bfore and during impact? Why did they not use thrust reversers? Why did he continue to tax after reporting initial problems in flight?

This accident has been hashed over a ton of times within the different groups... But this crew was aware of a problem prior to landing and elected to taxi into the ramp with this known hydraulic problem. I've heard that an engine was shut down while taxiing in and that engine was driving the remaining hydraulic system... No hydraulics, no steering, braking, or thrust reverser actuation. Kind of a bad scenario... But I have no first hand knowledge... Just what I've heard from others...

Thrust reversers are on the same hydraulic system as brakes? Doesn't sound smart to me! Too bad for the Captain. That crash didn't look pretty.

Didn't think that one through did they?

Workin'Stiff said:
This accident has been hashed over a ton of times within the different groups... But this crew was aware of a problem prior to landing and elected to taxi into the ramp with this known hydraulic problem. I've heard that an engine was shut down while taxiing in and that engine was driving the remaining hydraulic system... No hydraulics, no steering, braking, or thrust reverser actuation. Kind of a bad scenario... But I have no first hand knowledge... Just what I've heard from others...

Latest resources

Back