Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Just in case you hadn't heard, there's a new two-DVD release of The Final Countdown (starring Kirk Douglas, Martin Sheen, and James Farentino). If you haven't seen the flim, it contains what I believe is the best dogfight ever filmed: two F-14A Tomcats from VF-84 'Jolly Rogers' take on a pair of Mitsubishi A6M Zeros! :cool:

Top Gun was okay, but this is the movie that really fueled my interest in military aviation when I was a kid. Check it out at Amazon.com, among other places.

Among the "extras" on the second DVD is an interview with the pilots who flew the dogfight.

C' mon those weren't Zeros, they were Texans. ;) But yeah, great scene, they went down like cardboard.

It was kind of cheesy movie but as a youngin I loved the carrier scenes from that flick and watched it over and over again. I really wanted to see the BIG fight at the end of the movie (saving Pearl Harbor, correct?) and was somewhat disappointed when they had to leave the timewarp they were in. THAT would've kicked a$$.

Didn't they make a part II of the flick? Or am i dreamin?

crash-proof said:
C' mon those weren't Zeros, they were Texans.
Hey, man, use your imagination! :D
Didn't they make a part II of the flick? Or am i dreamin?
Nah, you're dreamin. There was a sequel made after The Philadelphia Experiment, another Navy time-travel flick. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

Latest resources

Back