New US Airways Non-Rev #, Sabre to Shares transition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MK82Man

Effective 4 March, the new US Airways Non Rev Travel Pass Line number is 1-800-325-9999 (for both East and West).

On 3 March, 1500-2100, 7 Million PNRs will be copied from the Sabre (US Airways East) Reservation System to the Shares System (US Airways West, xAWA). Validation and troubleshooting occurs between 2100 and 0200. Between 0200 - 0400 on 4 March, the system will actually shut down while the system switches to Shares (only 33 flights at this time, mostly red-eyes already in the air), and then at 0400, the system will be turned on with Shares. There will be some "bumps in the road" I'm sure. If you are planning on jumpseating, off line Non-Rev, or buddy pass travel on US Airways (East or West), you'll need to pay very close attention to what system your PNR was made in, what your boarding priority is (supposed to be), and try to allow some extra time at the airport. Double checking with the above number is advised and we are supposed to have extra staff on duty. They produced a 10 page handout for employees that is available on Compass. If you are traveling on US next weekend, you probably should have a copy. For walk-up off-line jumpseaters on CASS without a PNR, you should be ok. The CASS system should be up and I assume Shares interface with CASS would be operational, but I don't know how East Agents who have used Sabre in the past will be with the Shares/CASS interface. If you are Jumping on the West metal, the agents currently use Shares so I don't think it would be an issue. If you are jumpseating after the cutover and already have a PNR today, double check that it is valid by calling the above number. The US Airways West (xAWA) Pass Number is 1-888-894-7277. If you are flying West Metal, I'd call that number as well, but it will be disconnected sometime after the switch.

Everyone pray that it goes smooth -- If you can avoid travel on US that weekend, probably a good idea, but we will be happy to carry you if you need a ride home (make sure the flight crew knows you are there). Good Luck.

I think my outbound on 3/1 for vacation is ok, but not sure about the 3/4 return. I'll be right in the middle of the new system and I'm Rollin' the Bones for sure .... glad Management picked my week of vacation for the switch!

I called the 325-9999 number to list on a flight as a furloughed employee and after getting load info it switched me over to talk to an agent and I was on hold for over 10 minutes before hanging up. Any US furloughed guys here know a better way to list?

the flights I listed on on Feb for my march commutes all switched over. Both my Republic and US Air DOH for nonrev bennies are listed wrong though. Both are not only wrong but two diff dates also.

Latest resources

Back