Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

njcapt

Freak power candidate
This is from the monthly update from ATA's VP of Flight Ops, Dave Lindskoog.

Pilot hiring continues at a brisk pace. Twenty-four (24) new hires started Basic Indoc class on Sept 22 and will attend either B737 or B757 Initial training upon completion of B.I. Another class of eight (8) B737 F/O new hires start Basic Indoc on October 6. Twenty-eight (28) new hire First Officers are planned to start Basic Indoc on October 20th and another twenty-eight (28) new hires are planned to start on November 17th. This will bring our pilot hiring to 228 for the year.

This is in addition to the 28 757 and 737 pilots who started August 24th and are is systems and flight training as we speak.

A large % of them have been TWA guys. Thank you ATA!!!!!!!! (not me buy the way. But, I did get hired buy a "start up" 727 company.)

i sen tmy app in late august w/ an ata pilot rec. any ideas on how long it takes to get an invite to indy?

toa,
my app was received in indy july 14th with 2 letters of rec. i got called on aug. 27th for a sep 23rd interview and found out 2 days ago i got the job. i've heard others say to plan on around 4-6 weeks between application received to a phone call (assuming everything is good with the application), so my experience matched up right on with that. best of luck to you. it's an absolutely wonderful company with wonderful people!

Latest resources

Back