netjets pilot contract ..2 yrs & nada!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

davis

Message to the teamsters and the mec....WAKE UP or be recalled! Two years and counting..stop wasting our timne and
money...Your days are probably numbered!

And the teamsters wonder why they can't get enough cards back from Flight Ops pilots to even start a vote. Their history with Netjets isn't exactly a selling point.

I don't care if its IBT, ALPA, independent, or God himself....the contract wouldn't have been done by now...why? Because we would of had the same MEC. Nationals mean little until you get to the strike point as far as speed of negationations are concerned.

The only way it would of been done is if our MEC rolled over and accepted the first thing that came at them, and they didn't thank God. 2 years isin't uncommon...look at Mesaba, America West, United....and these were modifications to an existing contract, not a total rewrite like we have in an industry will all non union competition...nothing to compare to, no path to follow, we are building the road as we travel, that takes time.

Plan? How about some objectives and initiatives and milestones! THis MEC is
is beyond there level of experience and should step down, or get
a ta on the table yesterday.

Inevitable?

That has yet to be seen. I'll reserve judgement until there is actually a signed contract. I'm not holding my breath because it doesn't seem to be moving forward all that fast. Maybe you will get that golden fleece, then again, maybe you won't.

Gun,

And just how many 737 does NJA have? How many of the 1800 will ever see it? What about the non-union guys who used to fly the 737 for NJA? What are the pay rates at NJI on the Gulfstream? How about the rate for the 2000?Not that I am bashing you because FJ needs some serious help. But why do you continually point out the 737 pay? Do you think Because they got the rate for the 737 guys, that they are going to pay a Hawker or Ultra pilot the same? Lets all hope that is the case. Not because of the match of NJA plus 10%, but because we all should get more.

I agree with you gunfyter. The Local did negotiate a good BBJ contract so only time will tell what happens with us.

As for being union, I dont know how you could not be with 2000 pilots. I spoke with a FLOPS pilot on my way home yesterday and he said the company was turning around with respect to how they are being treated. I think that is great but I pointed out that as quickly as they begin to treat you well they can also go the other way.
The union certainly makes things go slower but the trade off for consistent and expected treatment is worth it.

So let me get this straight, in the time since NJ went with the Teamsters all they have managed to negotiate is the pay for the BBJ guys? Exactly how many pilots is that? Meanwhile all the rest of the pilots have to deal with substandard pay. It still doesn't seem like the negotiations are making much progress. If it takes you five years to get a raise to what the others have been making that entire time and the rest of the companies get a 10% raise in response, as you seem to think they all will, doesn't that still put you way behind the non-union companies?

I certainly haven't heard a whole lot in the areas other than pay that NJ is so much better than us. Some stuff is a little better on your side, some is better on ours. But as a whole personally I just can't see how you rate NJ as so much better. Care to be specific, and not just about how great it is to be a BBJ pilot, I know that that would be great, but so would being in the top of the seniority list here.

I don't have anything against any Netjets pilots BTW. The fact that they are union and restrict the domiciles are a couple of reasons why they ranked second on my list of preferred companies to work for. It just so happened that FO ranked first and I got lucky enough to get the call. The fact that they ranked above every company out there other than FO should tell you that I do feel that the Netjets guys have a pretty good deal. These endless negotiations do beg the question about how much worse or better off the pilots would be right now if they hadn't voted in the union. Not a question that can be answered either way BTW, just an academic question that can be argued until the cows come home like any other what if in this industry.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back