Netjets Airplane qualified

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

greygoose

I read a post earlier about someone was saying that Netjets mentioned that when he was hired he was qualified for all the airplanes. I am curious, does Netjets have different qualifications for each airplane i.e. time requirements. Or is it what airplanes are available at your class date?

Back when I was hired they offered me different fleets and said I had been cleared or approved for certain airplanes based on my experience and interview performance. I was then told dates and classes to choose from. I don't think there is a set definition of how to qualify for a fleet. The biggest factor is what classes are available at the time and for what fleet. I have been told another factor is what kind of avionics experience you have, ie glass vs steam gauges. If you have experience in a glass cockpit it is supposed to mean you can get into more fleets.

I was recently offered everything up to the Hawker 800XP. Seems like they will offer the ultra and pause and see if you say yes. If you balk they will offer more if the interview board "qualified" you for more. Hope that helps!

I was offed the whole fleet, and that was on Friday. It depends on how long you want be on hold for training. I can get on the Ultra next week or wait until July to get the Falcon. I didn't care, I wanted to get my name on the senority list ASAP so I took the first available slot.

Unless there's a fairly recent development, there's no rhyme or reason to the way initial airplane training is assigned. In one indoc class a retired major airline pilot and a high time Falcon pilot were both assigned the Ultra, while a guy with very little multiengine time and zero turbine time got the C-10. Go figure!

Perhaps training believes that the relatively inexperienced pilots need extra "handling" and therefore a more "seasoned" NJA pilot should supervise them more (a Citation X captain). Just guessing...

Regardless, if you are going to remain an FO for years and years, I'd want to sit in a nice aircraft (Citation X, G200 or Sovereign wouldn't be too bad).

Latest resources

Back