Net Jets vs. XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

Here's yet another decision over Net Jets or a regional.

I am aware of most of the negatives of Net Jets. With that said, would most of you guys at Net Jets rather be at a regional (CoEx in this case) or stay at Net Jets?

Thanks!

Well, do you mean LEAVE NJA if we're already here, or pick NJA if I was just looking now.

If it's the first part, then I'll take NJA any day of the week! If, however, I was just choosing now, it would be a tough call for me. Guess it depends on what my ultimate goal in aviation is.

Right now I'm just having fun and actually looking forward to experiencing a unified group of pilots making big changes at a company with a lot of potential. It's exciting! But for someone just coming into the flight, it might not seem so appealing.

If you had better visibility into the upcoming NJA contract (and nobody does) then it would be an easier decision. NJA flying is very different from regional flying. Some NJA pilots I know absolutely love it while others wish they could jump to JetBlue or SWA.

I have heard good things about XJT. A large group of CAL flowback have left or will be leaving very soon (the remaining flowbacks). So, I hear there will be some movement. Also consider that XJT probably has the best route network of any regional (15+ cities in Mexico alone and everywhere from LAX, Boise, Ft. Walton Beach to Halifax - you get some good variety). I hear the EMB145XR is a blast to fly while E170s could be on the table in the next few months (a rumor). I have a good friend who is a Capt. at COEX and he loves both the ERJ and the route variety. If COEX were not poised for further growth, then the decision to go to NJA might be a bit easier.

Do you know which aircraft you would likely start on at NJA? Citation X wouldn't be bad. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide...

Latest resources

Back