• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Need room in Kotzebue, Alaska

Brasgaucho

Total Time
1+
Looking for a craspad in Kotzebue, AK .
Preferable with heater.

Brasgaucho

Total Time
1+
They are checking my references; I'll let you know by tomorrow.

Brasgaucho

Total Time
1+
Cape Smythe Air. Have to be in Barrow on September 9th @ 0800 for groung school.
Still looking for a room in Kotzebue.

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Total Time
Congrats! At least you didn't get Deadhorse! Kotzebue is some fantastic flying and decent weather believe it or not. Lots of cold, clear days and not much ice. Nome on the other hand...
I don't know anybody up there these days, but I showed up in Kotz one day in October several years ago and found a room in short order. People come and go, particularly in the fall.
I never flew for Smythe, but a lot of friends did. You'll make a lot of money, get multi-time, and get some great experience.

Brasgaucho

Total Time
1+
Thanks for your reply!
I am very excited for this opportunity and at the same time a little apprehensive. Did some flying in Achorage but, I am sure it's not the same.
Do you have any suggestions besides common sense in order to stay out of trouble?

Thanks again,

o

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Total Time
Trust your gut. Weather changes very quickly, and that little voice in the back of your head needs to be listened to and heeded. Also use your resources. All of the pilots up there work together. The names painted on the sides of the airplanes are different, but your are all in the same boat. Feel free to ask other pilots about weather, runway conditions, or anything at all and know you will get a straight answer, regardless of who they work for.
The village agents are also extremely nice. I've spent several nights stormbound in villages on somebody's couch. Like most Alaskans, the rural Alaskans really roll out the red carpet for visitors. But I would advise staying away from the whale blubber, or muktuk. Nasty.

airpilot

Total Time
8000+
Cape Smythe

I am interested in working for Cape Smythe. I understand that a class is starting on the 9th, but are they still hiring for near future? I hope they are since I am looking forward to moving up there and flying with them. Any thoughts would help in regard to what needs to be done to get in the door.

Airpilot

Brasgaucho

Total Time
1+
I did not stay there. Send yor resume to Charles McMurrough Chief Pilot. Follow up with a phone call 907-852-8333