• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Need info on IAD crashpads please!

ILLINI

Total Time
++++
I'm going to be out in IAD and think that I may need a crashpad in order to stay sane. Can anyone give me some info on what the crashpad scene is like out there. I won't have a car out there so it woudl have to have some sort of public transportation to the airport. What should I expect to pay for something basic that I woudn't need a car for? What about those hotel crashpads i've heard about? How do those work and what do they run? I guess the bonus would be that the hotel van could take you and pick you up from the airport.

Thanks!

murano

Total Time
10000+
Welcome to Dulles... this place sucks. Public transportation? There is none. Crashpads will run you about $200/mo. You will need a car. Don't let the controllers raise your blood pressure. Just deal with the 6 miles in trail on final, and the many "hold shorts" while taxiing.

-Murano

Jeff Helgeson

Total Time
This is a nice pad near IAD

703-582-9090.