Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
My new son was born tonight at 19:55 EDT. He didn't start breathing on his own because he inspired some fluid at the moment of birth. They intubated him right away, and he started processing oxygen normally within seconds. Nevertheless he's facing the threat of pneumonia, and will spend the next week or ten days in the neonatal ICU receiving IV antibiotics. It's physically difficult, obviously, to bond with a child who's hooked up to IV's, a breathing machine, etc. It's been a very tough pill to swallow. At least he's on room air now, and doesn't need 100% O2 anymore.

I don't know why I'm telling you guys and gals this. I just finished sending some pictures of the boy to my folks...just needed to vent here, I guess.

Last edited:
Wow -- best of luck with the little one; hopefully this is a fluke and he'll enjoy a happy healthy life.

I'm sorry to hear that but hope all ends up well. I will keep your child in my prayers. God bless.

well congrats to you and the entire family, I am pretty sure he will pull through this with flying colors >especially since he is the son of a "pilot''!! !! . Stay positive and I am sure all will be well with the help of the someone looking down upon him. Sure he is in good hands at the hospital.

congrats-

3 5 0

Congrats to you and your wife, and good luck to your son... Many newborns go through problems early on and come through just fine...

My wife is due with our second child this October... Our 4 year old daughter was born with severe club feet... But if you ever met her, you'd never know... even if she was running around with her shoes off... Modern medicine is amazing... Now if I can just get her to sit still and stop running in the house, now THAT would be a miracle!

Be there for your son and wife, they will both be just fine.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
When my twins sons were born the youngest (4 min. younger) was a few hours old when he inhaled, rather than swallowed, some formula. They intubated him right away and he remained on o2 for the next day or so. He's fine now. I'm sure your son will be fine. The antibiotics are only a precaution. This happens pretty frequently with no lasting effects.

Congrats, I'm sure he will be just fine.

Everytime I look at my little girl (2 1/2 now) I cant believe how big she is, especially when I see a newborn or a 1 yr old.

I remember the first week at home with her, we were scared out of our mind. Its amazing how you adapt and it becomes easier, except the temper tatrums, that seems to be the latest kick.

Anyhow, let us know how he does.

Best wishes to your new baby boy and the rest of your family. With an Aviator for a dad, your son has a lot to see in this new world. He will pull through I'm sure.

Congratulations! What's his name/call sign?;)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! He'll be fine I'm sure. It's not fun seeing and then leaving your child in the NICU, but know that he is in very capable hands and will be home before you know it! Our first daughter was born at 31 weeks, 9 weeks early. She spent 5 weeks in the NICU. I'd get done flying day or night and go right over to the hospital and stay with her for awhile as my wife had done earlier in the day........ tag team if you will. She's 5 now. Our second daughter was born at 35 weeks and she was only in the NICU for 5 days.............huge difference. She's 2 1/2.

In my prayers.....

AF:)

Latest resources

Back