Multi Time at ATP For Less Than $100 Per

Socal

Total Time
After going through ATP’s Career Pilot Program, I am a new hire CFI/CFII/MEI. Like all the new hires, I’m answering phones and doing office work in Jacksonville -- waiting for a slot to open up at one of the So. Cal locations (Long Beach, Riverside) so I can get back home to my family.

We were just told about a new program that ATP is going to announce in the next week or so. The new ASAP program is a condensed version of the one that we currently offer. It will give you 5 hours of dual in the sim, 10 hours of dual in the aircraft, and 25 hours of cross-country time. That’s ground school, 35 hours of multi and 5 hours of sim for $3495. You aren’t going to beat PIC multi time in a Garmin 430 GPS and HSI equipped Seminole for less than $100 per hour.

The requirements are: 250 hours total time, 10 hours of multi in the last 6 months, a Multi-Commercial Instrument rating, and instrument currency/proficiency. It’s a great time builder for those who are looking to improve their resume. If you don’t have your Multi-Commercial, we can do that for you in 4 days time – doing the rating with us also gives you the 10 hours multi required for the new ASAP Program.

The program takes 7 days to complete, and there’s no limit to how many 35-hour blocks you can buy. If you need 100 hours total but can’t take the time off to do it all at once, this will give you a way to break it up over three 7-day periods. The program will initially be offered at our Jacksonville location. But, we were told that the program would also be offered at a number of locations around the country starting in a month or so.

If you have any questions, call me at 800-255-2877 and I’ll fill you in.

Travis
CFI/CFII/MEI

rjcap

Total Time
zip
SoCal

How is the flow going on at JAX. Anybody getting hired and if so where ?

signed,

ex-atp
SAT

Socal

Total Time
Things are good here in Jax. We had two guys go from the Chicago location to SkyWest. One of the instructors in the pool just left for Atlanta. Things are busy all over the country. With this new program, we should all be getting placed soon.

rjcap

Total Time
zip
socal,

How much flight time did the Chicago boys have ??

Anybody going elsewhere beside Skywest ??

Ned

Total Time
allatps?

I assume you guys are referring to the Airline Transport Professionals flight school? I've been interested in trying to get on as an instructor at the Jax or Pensacola location. Primarily to get the multi-engine time. Do they hire form the outside?

What are the working conditions like? All the usualy questions....

Data

Total Time
6000+
Ned,

You're always welcome to submit a resume to our VP, Jim Koziarski, but I'm told that ATP almost exclusively hires from their Career Pilot Program.

photopilot

Total Time
SOCAL,
Is Brian still at Craig? He was my instructor this summer and I was wondering where he is now.

Socal

Total Time
Mattjenna,

The multi-comm add on price is $1395. That includes ground instruction and ten hours in the Seminole (including use of the aircraft for the checkride). The examiners fees are anywhere between $250-$350 depending on the location. The course takes four days to complete and is offered seven days per week at all of our locations.

Our total instructor course costs 4,995 for your CFI/CFII/MEI. The course takes 15 days and is offered at our Las Vegas, Sacremento, Jacksonville and Stuart, Fl. locations.

If you have any other questions, call me at the 800 number 255-2877.

Travis

Socal

Total Time
Photopilot,

Yep, Brian is still here. As a matter of fact I'm one of his roommates at the apartments. I think he's getting close to the magic 1500 hours and is holding out for the right job.

8sm

All Pau, gone Nuha
Total Time
>1K<2K
SoCal,

Is the 2 year min. college degree requirements for the carreer pilot program still mandatory?

Would the degree req. include the multi program?

How many new Seminoles do they have now?

Are all thrityfive hours logged from the left seat as PIC?

Thanks for your reply

Socal

Total Time
Is the 2 year min. college degree requirements for the carreer pilot program still mandatory?

I know that they consider each candidate on a case by case basis. I hadn't finished my two years of college when I started my training at ATP, but I had been working for twelve years. With the right candidate, they will take a steady work history in lieu of a degree.

Would the degree req. include the multi program?

The multi program has the same requirements, but as with the Career Pilot Program, your work history might be used as a substitute. One of the other instructors here just pulled up our website and it's got some really good info on the longer ASAP program. The short program is going to have the same requirements, just in more compressed time frame and with fewer hours.

How many new Seminoles do they have now?

We just took delivery of our final order -- which I'm told brings us to 20 2000 models and 65 total.

Are all thrityfive hours logged from the left seat as PIC?

No, half of the time is spent left seat under the hood, the other half right seat as safety pilot. I know that this is a big question for a lot of people, but we had a seminar with an FAA guy and he very clearly told us that both pilots in this situation are allowed to log PIC time -- one as the sole manipulator of the controls, the other as the pilot resposible for the safety of the entire flight. I know a lot of people also complain that they want to fly the entire time, but I can tell you from experience that working the right seat duties (handling all of the comms, all of the radio calls, all of the navs, and running all of the checklists) is more often than not more difficult than flying -- and a skill that you absolutely must have when you start working at the airlines.