Mesa TA???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DoinTime

Press Release Source: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

Mesa Air Group Reaches Tentative Contract Agreement With Its Pilots

Wednesday January 22, 1:51 pm ET

PHOENIX, Jan. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced it has reached a tentative agreement for a new contract with the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), which represents the airline's 1,300 pilots. In addition, the parties have reached an agreement concerning participation in the US Airways "Jets for Jobs" regional jet expansion program.* (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065 )
"We are delighted that we have reached an agreement with our pilots and can move forward with our growth plan," said Jonathan Ornstein, chairman and chief executive officer.

The agreement is subject to ratification by ALPA membership. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Mesa currently operates 124 aircraft with 889 daily system departures to 147 cities, 37 states, Canada, Mexico and the Bahamas. It operates in the West and Midwest as America West Express, the Midwest and East as US Airways Express, in Denver as Frontier JetExpress, in Kansas City with Midwest Airlines and in the Southwest as Mesa Airlines. The Company, which was founded in New Mexico in 1982, has approximately 3,000 employees. Mesa is a member of Regional Aviation Partners.

This press release contains various forward-looking statements that are based on management's beliefs, as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to management. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable; it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Such statements are subject to certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those anticipated, estimated, projected or expected. The Company does not intend to update these forward-looking statements prior to its next required filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

For further information regarding this press release please contact Brian Gillman at 602-685-4010.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

Dear God, I hope you guys got at least Comair rates and inproved work rules. Somehow I don't think so, my fingers are crossed!

Work rules should be much better, but there is no way we got Comair pay scales. The most important thing is that all of us that were flying for CCair are now going back to work soon (hopefully). Let's hope our sacrifices were not in vain.

"I hope you guys got at least Comair rates "
----------------------------------

COMAIR rates!!!! Are you kidding me. Not even COMAIR (who had to strike) could get those pay and work rules in today's environment. Not a chance. Mesa is on there second ALPA contract. Anyone who knows anything knows that it takes many, many contracts to build a industry leading one like COMAIR. Lets just hope the work rules force MGMT to create better schedules and a better QOL for the Mesa pilot. We'll see soon enough.
-Bean

Its gonna suck......

With USAir in bankruptcy, HP existing only on welfare (ATSB) and demands from both that the payments for Express carriers coming down, I can tell you all it's gonna suck, even before I see it. I will dutifully vote NO on anything NOT approaching Comair rates and work rules, but being in Sec.6 in these times against a huckster and dufus like Ornstein, means low expectations, I am bummed in advance........I hope my fellow pilots do the same! Why? If you saw our last proposal from management, well its like this NO pay increase for turboprops, NO pay increase for Jet FO's. 1% for captains, Mesa, CCAir & Freedumb on one list. Some MX cancellation pay, 1 time per year commuter clause. No duty or trip rig, No min day. Get the picture??? I just know its gonna suck....bartender, another round here........

Beantown said:
"I hope you guys got at least Comair rates "
----------------------------------

COMAIR rates!!!! Are you kidding me. Not even COMAIR (who had to strike) could get those pay and work rules in today's environment. Not a chance. Mesa is on there second ALPA contract. Anyone who knows anything knows that it takes many, many contracts to build a industry leading one like COMAIR. Lets just hope the work rules force MGMT to create better schedules and a better QOL for the Mesa pilot. We'll see soon enough.
-Bean

Nice attitude Bean! I might know a little something about contracts, and Comair's at that. Have you read it? I said pay rates not contract. Do you know about capacity purchase agreements? Thank you for the insult, but you can keep your ranting to yourself! Why does every other SMJ carrier pay 10% or more to their pilots? Why is it that Mesa can't afford to pay or have ever been able to afford pay there pilots for that matter? Piss poor management! The pilots should'nt have to carry that company that much. Vote no if it's sh!t!

Last edited:
alot of us mesa guys i think might vote no if we dont at least get block or better, scope, and merged list. No details yet on it though.

Contract

I worked at the school nearly ten years ago during the Risley/Grady Reed days. I, too, hope you folks got better work rules at a minimum. You deserve better from Frank O (intended).

Latest resources

Back