Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TX_Pilot

Prowling for BBQ....
Lately all the info regarding Mesa on this board is concerning Freedom Air. I was just wondering what the status of the EAS routes they picked up in Texas is? Are they flying here yet? Where are they going to base pilots that fly those routes? One of my former students is enrolled at the new Durango Pro Pilot Focus program at Midland College (similar to San Juan program) and thinks he will probably get put on the 1900 here in TX when he graduates. I asked him how senior the DFW base would go and he did not know. That peaked my interest! How junior/senior will the Texas routes be? HeII I might apply to Mesa if there's a chance I might get stay around here and get some turbine time. I guess I'll finally get to see Mesa aircraft in Texas again. Just curious! Thanks

Mesa has these eas routes from DFW for at least the next 2 years. They are flying 1900's under Air Midwest. Service to JBR and ELD started on 9/1. Service to BWD starts 9/24 and HOT, HRO, WDG, PNC starts 10/1. It is my understanding that they have contracted mx in LIT and that the pilots are to be outstationed. When I spoke to Mesa's recruiter in August, she said that they had about 150 pilots on furlough then, so they didn't plan to use any of the Big Sky pilots that were already flying those routes (or any other pilots for that matter). Hope this helps.

all pilots are recalled and hiring will resume soon. Most i suppose will be San Juan grads, so it will be tight.

The aircraft are based in PNC, JBR, BWD, and HRO. The FO's go pretty junior, about 980-1100 out of 1200. CA's I do not know. Doesnt matter. Upgrade on the 1900 is about 2 years here now, unless we get guys moving into the jets again.

Actual EAS bases.

PNC, BWD, and JBR. (Ponca City, OK. Brownwood, TX. and Jonesboro, AR)

Those are where the new domiciles are. Routes include those cities mentioned going mostly in and out of DFW, although there are a couple long legs to DEN. Almost two hours in a 1900, woo-hoo!

Latest resources

Back