Local De-ice procedures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Computer Geek

I originally posted this note on the NBAA airmail requesting info and thought to expand my search here any info you can pass along would be greatly appreciated.

With the seasons first snow fall. We find ourselves thinking of the joys of deicing. I am putting a small booklet of Airport Advisory Pages together for our department . Mainly of local deice procedures for our usual destinations. But thought this would be a great forum for expanding the list. If anyone has information I can add to the list please pass them along. When it’s complete I will be happy to send a copy to anyone wishing it.

Essentially the page will be a Jepp size sheet showing the Locations of the De-Ice area and Frequencies to Contact the Deice folks as well as any local info I can dig up. If you have any local knowledge you can share with the group to make the process go smoothly at your local airport please do.

Please feel free to PM or email.

TIA
CG

I'm sure this won't be much (if any) help but here goes.

Airport: KCMI (Champaign, IL)
Only FBO: Flightstar
Freq: 130.075
Deice on ramp as needed. Small airport but new (2 yrs old) de-ice truck. Professional (and highly trained in deice procedures) line crew.
Don't know cost.

I would be interested in your booklet.

DC (last snow season):

Signature: Can't speak to procedures, but Type I and Type IV available. Type I $13/gal and Type IV $19/gal.

Hawthorne: Use AIRINC 129.77, deice is normally done on the north end of the ramp close to the FBO. New deice truck.

I would apprieciate the info also. We are based at FCM, and Elliott Aviation has a medium sized cart that does the trick. Type I only. Their ARINC is 130.6.

Latest resources

Back