Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Have to go to LGA tomorrow morning. Any pointers for going in to the gigantic pain in the arse of an airport. Our PAX have a meeting at one of the hotels nearby so I couldn't convince them to fly in to anywhere alse.

Can't tell you much about flying corporate in there but I was based with my airline in there for a couple of years. Challenging place to fly in and out of, controllers are good and if you get one of the visuals in there(especially the one to 31), have fun. If you land 4 or 31, be able to clear BEFORE the crossing runways to keep traffic moving. Coming out, keep a close eye on the departure instructions as it can get complicated; some fixes are 250kts until 11K. If you see Trump up there tell him he's fired! Have fun...

Fly

It's really not that big of a deal as long as you follow ATC instructions and don't slow to final app speed 10 miles out. Looking at the forecast, you can probably plan on landing 22. From the north, it will be straight in. From the south, you will be vectored over the numbers of 31 and make two left turns back to the final. My guess would be the LDA-A approach. Rwy 22 arrival will leave you a right turn off and a easy taxi over to the five towers. If you aren't familiar, the five towers area is located south of the approach end of 13 and is comprised of, you guessed it, five towers. This is normally where the corporates park.

Again, follow instructions and it should be fairly routine for you and the guy behind you.

No matter which runway, you are going to park at the "5 Towers" which is on the opposite side of the field from the terminal. Look for the TRUMP 727. Look for the Sheltair red van to park you. If it is busy it might be a minute. Just stop where the tower tells you to contact ground and wait for instructions. Be prepared for around a $500 USD landing fee no matter what you buy for fuel. FBO has WSI and decent restaurant inside. There is a shuttle bus to the other airline terminals if you want that. Internet, lounge, snooze room. Cheers.

It's really not a BFD, I was nervous my first time going there, they have a really cool runway that sticks out on a "pier. The FBO there (Sheltair) is really nice and will offer you a ride to nice Italian place down the way. Also there is a pretty good cafeteria type place in the terminal. As an added bonus the hottest FBO girl I've encountered yet works there, little greek girl with long dirty blonde hair.....mighty fine that one is.

Good Luck and have fun:)

If you eat at the restaurant at the ShelterAir terminal, it is cash only. Also, Sheltair is at the old Marine Air Terminal where Pan Am Clippers came and went.

dicepilot said:
If you eat at the restaurant at the ShelterAir terminal, it is cash only. Also, Sheltair is at the old Marine Air Terminal where Pan Am Clippers came and went.

some good aviation history took place in the Marine Air Terminal. gotta love the clipper

Take some extra gas, plan on long finals. Highway visual to 31 and the visual to 4 is fun for pax sitting on the left.

Pay attention! Be ready.

Latest resources

Back