• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

King Airelines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nothing for training, you provide your own housing. Pay is by flight. In the singles you get 30 for air onlys (1.6 hours logged) and 45 for air grounds (1.7 logged and a 3 hour layover at the canyon with a free lunch). Tips constitute a big part of your income, typically 20 per flight in the singles. Plan on a mix of the two, typically 5 to 8 flights per week.

It gets a little easier when you get the upgrade. 40 for air onlys and 55 for air grounds, and as an added bonus, they tend to "shuttle" you (6 to 8 legs back and forth, 2 of which are empty, they pay you for the full legs divided by 2 on the air ground rate), makes for more flights and a larger paycheck. Also, you make more in tips because you carry more passengers. Upgrades depend on availability, your performance in training, and PIC multi helps. I doubt it would take you more than 9 months to upgrade. The 402 also comes with a 6 month contract.

The busy season is June through October, then it drops off real quick in November and picks back up in the spring.

Hope that helps, any other questions?

Also, you make more in tips because you carry more passengers.

Dude, are tips really that good these days? If so, pax in the ditch have really opened their wallets. I know it was a couple of centuries ago, but when I was a Canyon Dog, we got tips about once a month. If we had only made a buck a pax, we could have gotten off the food stamps.....

I can neither confirm nor deny the use of tip cards that may or may not recommend gratuities of $20 per couple. Nor can I confirm nor deny that the tour CD's that would indicate that "gratuity is appropriate and greatly appreciated." I just can't say where I don't work there.

Also, it can depend on the culture of your passengers. Chinese typically tend to not tip whereas Europeans, Austrailians, and Americans typically do. Nothing racist, just cultural differences. If your manifest says LI, Chung, etc. on the passenger names, you might have to load up on the Guano point BBQ to supplement your food stamps.

Again, bear in mind that in the singles you'll get 5 to 8 flights a week, so your typical $450 paycheck may be supplemented by $150 in tips. Low income housing in Las Vegas is about $715 a month for 2 bedrooms, and the county might deny your application if you intend to get a second job. I'll let you do the rest of the math.

Its subject to variation, sometimes business is good, and other times you'll go days without a flight. It's not meant to be a career move, except that you can get some part 135 PIC multi time under your belt.

Latest resources

Back