Job - Nantucket Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RideTheWind

SkyWest Airlines 1/12/2005 (Updated Recruitment Dates)

SkyWest Airlines 1/12/2005
Position: Pilots (Updated Recruitment Dates)
Minimum Requirements, Training, Pay, Reserve, Domiciles and the Interview Process. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the PIC in conducting the flight safely and efficiently
Assist the PIC and/or passenger service personnel as needed to ensure a prompt departure
Assist or relieve the pilot-in-command (PIC) in manipulation of the flight controls of an aircraft while underway, including taxiing, takeoff and landing of such aircraft
Minimum Requirements:
Certificates / Ratings: U.S. FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
Flight Experience: 1,000 - hours total time 100 - hours multi engine 100 - hours instrument (Max 20 hours simulator)
Medical: Must possess a current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. Must pass FAA mandated Drug Test
Authorization to work in the United States: Must have established authorization to work in the United States
Driver's License: Must possess a valid United States Driver's License
Education: Graduation from accredited, four-year college preferred
To be considered for an interview, qualified candidates must attend one of the Pilot Recruitment Events listed below.
Wednesday 12/15/04 SkyWest Hangar 1129 N. 3950 W. Salt Lake City, UT
2 Sessions (1st begins at 9:00 AM / 2nd begins at 2:00 PM)

Tuesday 01/11/05 Prime Hotel 18118 International Blvd. Seattle, WA

Thursday 01/13/05 Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel 8235 Northeast Airport Way Portland, OR
2 Sessions (1st begins at 9:00 AM / 2nd begins at 2:00 PM

Thursday 01/20/05 Holiday Inn Bayside 4875 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA

Friday 01/21/05 Holiday Inn Bayside 4875 North Harbor Drive San Diego, CA

Saturday 01/22/05 Air Inc. Pilot Seminar/Job Fair Sheraton Grand Hotel @ DFW 4440 West John Carpenter Freeway Irving, TX
1:30-4:00pm -- Airline Pilot Forum; A SkyWest pilot will brief all attendees about SkyWest's expectations 4:00-8:00pm -- Fair

Please bring a copy of your completed on-line application.
Direct Link: www.skywest.com

New Pilot Opportunity: Cape Air/Nantucket Airlines Aircraft: Cessna 402

Position: Captain

Term: Full-Time

Experience Required:

200hrs multi-engine PIC time preferred and the ability to work in the U.S.

Pilot Licence & Docs Required:

U.S. FAA Multi-Engine ATP and a First Class Medical

How to Apply: Fax or Email

Mr. Gene Smith, Pilot Recruitment
Fax: (508) 778-6233
e-mail: [email protected]

Posting Date: 1/11/2005 5:54:18 PM

Notes: Cape Air/Nantucket Airlines: Part 121 and 135 independently/employee owned regional airline utilizing a fleet of ATR-42 and Cessna 402-C model aircraft. Routes serving the Northeast US, Florida, Caribbean and the Western Pacific.
With FAA award winning maintenance and a strong commitment to customer service, Cape Air / Nantucket Airlines offers a fun and friendly workplace with opportunities to grow along with us. Come join our team of some of the best
pilots in the industry. Visit our website at www.flycapeairjobs.com for more information.

Requirements: A U.S. Multi-engine ATP and a First Class Medical with 200hrs multi-engine PIC time preferred and the ability to work in the U.S.

Crew Benefits: Competitive Salary, 401-K, Health /Dental /Vision Insurance, Vacation /Personal Time, Profit Sharing, FAA Medical Reimbursement, Company Supplied Uniforms, Flexible Work Schedules, Jump Seat agreements with most Regional and Major Airlines. Career Advancement Programs.

Fax resume to (508) 778-6233 or email to [email protected]

Last edited:
Cape Air is hiring 402 Captains now...that's for sure. One thing the website (http://www.flycapeairjobs.com) doesn't say is that you are paid during training. If driving an RJ is all you care about, it ain't the right job for you....however if you like to fly old-school style you'll probably love it.

After flying around south Florida for a while, I always thought it would be a blast working for Cape. I applied in early December among other places but have not got a call yet.

CE402 said:
Cape Air is hiring 402 Captains now...that's for sure. One thing the website (http://www.flycapeairjobs.com) doesn't say is that you are paid during training. If driving an RJ is all you care about, it ain't the right job for you....however if you like to fly old-school style you'll probably love it.

I have a CapeAir flight schedule, almost every leg is 20 minutes form gate to gate..err..ramp to ramp. You would have a thousand takeoff's and landing's in a years time!

88 Malibu -- It wouldn't hurt to send in another resume, or did you fill out the app? There are a lot applying but I think they'll be quite a few interviews too.

Bryan D -- Yep. All the good stuff without any boring filler. Eight 1800 RVR approaches to ACK & eight 2400 RVR approaches to HYA = a good day's job well done.

Man, does this company sound good.

I am flying CE-402C's freight here in northen California. It might sound stupid, but themore I fly the 402, the more I enjoy it. BTW - what do the Cape Air passengers say when the airframe is all caked up with ice like mine is???

are there springtime hiring plans? Based on my current commitment, I would like to look for east coast jobs about mid-spring.

Probably classes through May would be my guess. Send something in and let them know about your commitment -- it's still a foot in the door. BTW, the pax just love the ice. The ice slinging off the props into the fuselage makes for vibrant in-flight entertainment.

CE402 said:
The ice slinging off the props into the fuselage makes for vibrant in-flight entertainment.

Doesn't that detract from the in-flight movie?

Don't bother flaming me. I worked for a company that flew between WST and BID on a scheduled basis. I loved it. After all, the most fun part is taking off and landing isn't it?

XTW:D

Anybody applied in this last hiring cycle? and got a reply?
How long did you have to wait?

Their 402's arent equipped for ice, are they? and isf so why, wouldnt think you get a lot of ice in florida?

XTW said:
I worked for a company that flew between WST and BID on a scheduled basis. I loved it.

XTW:D

I used to see you guys when I flew out to BID and I always wondered if it was a "lifestyle" job or if it was somewhere to build time so you could get a "real job". ;)

Latest resources

Back