jetblue Fires FA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Duty Times

Hey, help me out here. Since I retired I do not keep up on all the FARs. When I left, though, the FAR duty time limits only applied to Flight Deck crew members. The Flight Attendants were not included but did have a union contract with flight time/duty time limits in their agreement.

Has this changed?

Although this has been talked about a long time ago, it seems that QOS is the "new" authoritative news source. NOT! I will say that there are some of our inflight crews who think it's prefectly OK to go to LGB, play all day and sleep on the way back to FLL. Seen it way too much. The next one is to bid the redeye transcon, back to back, so they can work at home or a second job and sleep on the way back. This FA, looking at an old senority list, had the opportunity and senority NOT bid this trip. She instead made the CHOICE to fly this. She could have called off wherever she was at but again, CHOSE not to.

No Sympathy Here!

LJDRVR said:
Three weeks later, Livingston’s supervisor notified her of a report from a fellow crewmember that stated Livingston had been sleeping on one of the jumpseats in the back galley during the flight back to Long Beach on February 18.

If this is true, the reporting crewmember should have their a$$ kicked. The FA is going to bat for the entire cabin crew and then one of them reports her for sleeping on the jumpseat???? That is messed up.

It's not a "real" news story, it's a press release written and released by the flight attendant that got fired. It may have actually been written by someone else, since the writing was pretty close to AP-style (but not quite close enough, I figured it out about halfway through).

So, no news story to reference, there aren't any. She claims she got fired for calling in fatigued, the company says they fired her for sleeping on the jumpseat--which she says didn't happen but even it was it was their fault.

The "even if it was true" made me dismiss her story pretty much.

BTW, is that Queen of the Sky self-centered, or what? She posts videos of her swinging on a swingset and her musings are booooring.

LJDRVR said:
Sleeping on the jumpseat is a fireable offense at JetBlue. Subsequently, Livingston was placed on suspension pending an investigation.

On March 16, Livingston was terminated from JetBlue. The reason given: sleeping on the jumpseat.

I can't count how many times I have fallen asleep in the cockpit. I didn't know it was a fireable offense. I guess my career will be over when we finally are forced to accept cameras in the cockpit.

pipejockey said:
I can't count how many times I have fallen asleep in the cockpit.

I have never fallen asleep in the cockpit. Now I might have fainted right into a pillow a few times, but never fell asleep.

from the article:

"as they were too tired to work the return flight back to Long Beach Airport, which would now put them over the FAA maximum 14-hour duty day. "

FAA 14hr duty day?????

canyonblue said:
I have never fallen asleep in the cockpit. Now I might have fainted right into a pillow a few times, but never fell asleep.

Me neither, I just check my eyelids for cracks when I get tired.

Latest resources

Back