Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interviews - FAR 121 Information necessary to know?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PositionandHold

Truthiness
I was reading through the gouges on aviationinterviews and noticed some questions asked pertaining to part 121 ops as per 121 regs (for example, takeoff/departure alternates). I've pored over and am still studying part 91 and the AIM sections, however I'd never come across anything about takeoff alternates.

I figured it's probably something under part 121, which brings me to the question: is it necessary, for regional interview prep, to buy and study the FAR-FC (the only place I know where 121 regs are)?

PH

Do you need to know 121 for your first regional interview? I didn't. During the sim and technical portion at Skywest, the interviewers asked for my background. I told them part 91 CFI, so I was expected to use 91 rules. Former 121 guys had to know and use 121 rules, 135 etc. This could vary by airline. Keep digging through aviationinterview and find out the deal for the place you want to go. Good luck.

Piedmont asked 121 questions. Just get an ATP written prep book. or just go to the faa website. ALL the regs available for browsing.

Airline Pilot Technical Interviews - by Ronald Mcelroy
ATP Written Book
That should cover it..

Latest resources

Back