Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Incredible photo of a USAF C-17 Globemaster III and the "Corridor-in-the-Clouds"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gatorman said:
eh, C-17 stills are nice, check this out...be impressed.

http://www.gibstuff.net/aircraft/Videos/Angel-Decoys.zip
Impressed!

I can only imagine what it must have been like to see the C-17 doing the same thing while flying through Western South Carolina's clouds. I've got to give U.S. Air Force military photographer Staff Sgt. D. Myles Cullen buckets of credit for containing his excitement and snapping, in my opinion, an award-winning photo.

RichO said:
Having flown both aircraft......all I can say, is their both REALLY FUN!!!
I'm sure you have an answer to this...

Why does the military insist on having "sticks" (or cyclics, like helicopters) instead of the civil "yoke" version... ?

Whats the benefit of doing it that way?

FN FAL said:
Hahaha...today we had a video guy who lost a "wing" while filming a tandem. Fortunately the tandem guy was one of those that could work "improv", so he turned circles with the video guy and the video turned out o.k. for the tandem customer. No vortices were made...so I'll spank myself for getting off topic! :)
Kudos to the TM....but I think he was referring to REAL wingsuits, not camera suits... :D Hey, I can say it, I fly both!

mattpilot said:
I'm sure you have an answer to this...

Why does the military insist on having "sticks" (or cyclics, like helicopters) instead of the civil "yoke" version... ?

Whats the benefit of doing it that way?
I know this wasn't meant for me, but uhm, any cargo aircraft I can think of does have a yoke...

And as for fighters? Probably for the same reason civilian aerobatic planes have sticks... it's simpler to push in 2 axes rather to push and twist. Right?

Latest resources

Back