Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crxpilot

Waaasssuuuupppppp!!!!!
One union, one pay scale............and when they talk, people listen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070215/tv_nm/strike_dc_1

TV biz making early plans for writers strike

WGA execs say they expect to begin negotiations for a new contract in July, but many observers say they are likely to go several months before seriously considering any walkout. That's because contracts for the Screen Actors Guild and the Directors Guild of America don't expire until mid-'08, and many believe the WGA will have increased bargaining power as those expirations draw closer. Still, guild preparations for the various contracts talks also are under way. Just last week, the WGA named its negotiating committee and the DGA appointed a negotiating committee chairman.

They don't get shiny jets and uniforms with big hats. Their floor sweepers make more money than most regional pilots.

For reasons explained way too many times on this board, a national union with one seniority list and pay scale will not work.

Spoken like a true PACIFIST.

That is so true! Only when the egos at the majors and alpa natl. are deflated will there be an effort to achieve true unity and solididarity. Now, it's just I've got mine, don't tell me how to negotiate,...etc.

No women pilots allowed, no male FA's, and pilots hire flight attedants. That's how it's gonna work.

Latest resources

Back