• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hiring??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They're all desperate right now. If you can fog a mirror, you've got the job.

-Blucher

So is that an exaggeration or the honest truth? Cause I've got about 400 hours but only 14 multi. Haven't flown in almost 2 years. I would love to be a pilot again, but I can't see going from my $35k/year dispatching job right now to making a wage that I'd have to move back in with my parents.

Pretty sure that's the truth. From what I understand ASA has had to cancel new-hire classes due to lack of students. I've also heard of new FO's who are coming on line with no actual IMC experience. I'd imagine they'll be wanting to keep that one on the down-low though to keep their insurance premiums down.

-Blucher

So is that an exaggeration or the honest truth? Cause I've got about 400 hours but only 14 multi. Haven't flown in almost 2 years. I would love to be a pilot again, but I can't see going from my $35k/year dispatching job right now to making a wage that I'd have to move back in with my parents.

thats pushing it with only 14 multi....spend some of that 35K and go buy some multi time to get yourself current again and your golden....

Are there any regional airlines that are hiring, who do not require a current flying job??

If you've got 1900TT, you're golden, as long as you're current. If you're not current, get current... then apply.

I don't think currency will hurt you getting hired at the regionals but you have to meet the mins. 14 multi won't cut it as far as I'm aware.

If Xjet would staff their own HR/Staffing dept. they might be able to get in touch with applicants faster and more efficient. It seems that they email 600tt pilots right away and leave anyone with over 1500TT hangin. Hope to hear from them soon! Then again, they certainly dont have any problems with keeping the new hire classes full.

Latest resources

Back