Hiltons in Hawaii?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

I am trying to plan a trip to Hawaii using my Hilton points. Has anyone been to the Waikaloa Village in Kona or the Hilton Lihue, Kauai.

Thanks for any info you can pass along.

The Waikaloa is nice. Good for families lots of pools and picturesque grounds. You'll need a car since it is pretty pricey to eat in the hotel and you should do some sightseeing.

There's a little town of Waikoloa maybe 5 or 6 miles away and Waimea a little farther. also some stuff closer i can't remember if its walking distance or not. There are alot of scenic areas along the coastline not that far from there. The hotel is maybe 20 miles from the airport so a cab will be expensive-not sure if there is any other kind of transportation available.

IOW, where are there NOT screaming babies, squalling toddlers, cranky kids, and sullen teenagers?

Crass or not, some things we just don't want to hear on vacation.

IOW, where are there NOT screaming babies, squalling toddlers, cranky kids, and sullen teenagers?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm getting at.

Actually, I don't even care about the sullen teenagers... it's just the kids that scream, shout, whiz by me and my margarita on those irritating roller-skate shoes, etc.

Maybe I'm just a little sensitive this week... a few nights ago, I took my wife to a fun new-year's-eve dinner at The Melting Pot. Fantastic dinner. The food, the service -- everything was just perfect. And then the screaming started.

You know, for $180, I do not expect to hear a screaming baby at 10pm in a restaurant, but that's exactly what happened. For about 15 minutes until they finally left. Good heavens, who takes an infant out to dinner that late? Or to a nice restaurant like that? With a plate of raw meat on the table, next to a boiling pot of oil? (Yeah, my sick mind went there, too... heh.)

Then there's Chili's last night. The restaurant was half-empty, but we went to the bar area so we could be loud and have some fun. Then the family comes in, with their infant and roughly 8-year-old daughter, and sits down at a bar table. (Well, she kept getting up and roaming the bar and generally irritating me.) And then the family starts glaring at us for being loud and obnoxious in the bar! News flash: It's a bar!

I swear this world gets stupider each year... :(

Last edited:
I can say from personal experience that at the Waikoloa, they frown upon swimming in the moat that the ferry boats (the ones that take you to your room) use. Right, Donger?

Wiakoloa,
Real nice place. Expensive food. even in the shopping village 1/2-1/4 mile away. You will need a car. 15-20 miles from airport. Small town 8-10 miles with a grocerystore that you can buy items also. Milk is something around $4 a gallon. In Kona 25 miles away there is a Costco and everything else that any town USA has. HAd a great time, along with my kids. At the Hilton there are two great Gold Courses. It is A Family Friendly place because it has a swim with the dolphines and a secluded Bay that you can snorkle in.
Hope this helps email if you want more details.

Latest resources

Back