• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Highlights from the DL/US congressional hearing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our current negotiations have found the same answer from DP. We AWA/US are asking this very question, "How can you come up with this cash and stock for the DL merger yet tell the pilot group that the new contract must be cost neutral?" He has yet to give an honest answer in my opinion...:rolleyes:
Andy, the answer he gave to congress was that the money was from lenders interested in "acquiring DL." Funny how he can find the money for that, but can't even fund your guys' pensions or pay you a decent wage!

AWA/US pilots MUST see to it that this new contract reflects the reality of this current industry environment.:angryfire My most favorite quote from DP is this "You get what you negotiate."

Andy

Andy:
I am really dissapointed in how silent the US Airways/AWA mec has been during this whole process. You have to ask yourself why?

Andy:
I am really dissapointed in how silent the US Airways/AWA mec has been during this whole process. You have to ask yourself why?

You and me both! I do not know why we have the silence. Anyone? Anyone? I could speculate from rumors i've heard but I not sure that would be worth much. Personally I feel the only thing we would get out of this is stagnation. Of course that's best case. How do you remove 200 airframes and not furlough? I want no part of this...

Andy

Question to Doug from Sen Stevens "Where do you buy your airplanes?" Answer: We haven't bought for a while, but we have Boeing and Airbus. Jerry pointed out we are all Boeing and they are 57% Airbus and buying the A350. Buy American eh?

I guess he forgot about the Embraer E190s from Brasil......????? Did he lie to the Senate? Maybe he forgot about the recent USAir E190 tour of the NE (last week it toured CLT, ROC, and BOS---USAir's actual 2nd E190 in full USAir paint)..... Haven't bought for awhile? Didn't he just put in another order for 5 A321s just in the last year?? Contradictions.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
WTFO? No post from Mr Delta, "General Lee"?

He must actually be flying a trip.

Couldn't resist this FLAME>

I fly the Carribbean again this weekend.. Can't wait. At least I have posted enough articles for you guys to sift through until I get back...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Parker is a piece of SH!T!! It is like what has been said here on this post....he just wants to run the largest airline in the world! NOT GOIN TO HAPPEN!! 737plt and Andy hit the nail right on the head! How is it he can find the money for this....and yet he screws all of the employee's that got the company to where it is today. Where is the "New US/AWA" MEC in all this! They should be speaking out just as loudly as the Delta Pilots about this deal. It would be catastrophic for this merger to take place...massive furloughs and layoffs, no matter WHAT Parknuts says. Way to go DALPA!!

Andy:

Because you can either be an idiot and open your mouth to let the whole world know...or just keep it to yourself.

Take note.

Because you can either be an idiot and open your mouth to let the whole world know...or just keep it to yourself.

Take note.

It is an annonymous board. You can write whatever you want, and the whole world still doesn't know who you are. You need to learn how to debate. People who can't debate often attack others. Take note.

Take note.

Fly's:
Thanks for your ensightful input. Aren't you late for that gay pilot meeting with your pal phxflyr?

Who's playing the man, you or him?

Latest resources

Back