Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Hey guys. Look what we can look forward to one day!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 GBP =1.74445 USD. I think there may have been some conversion confusion? The Captain salaries are more like 174K
FO = 121K

Last edited:
$350.00??????????.........$350.00?????????? OMG, that is outragous!!!! Where the F does DAL get off? It should at least cost no more than it costs to drive there. But since that would call for driving across(under) the Gulf or through Mexico, which would probably take the length of your vacation, or drown you at least, maybe a couple of monkeys could fly out of your butt and take you there? :eek: I'm sorry, were you being facetious or rhetorical?

Last edited:
Another scary thought...

I went to an AIRINC conference in atlanta and a couple of ex-Ryan air guys are getting together to try a start up here in the US called Skybus. The CEO (I think) gave a presentation promising the same thing. All airbuses and the same guarantee of being home every night. I think the Ryan Air guys actually have to pay for their hotel rooms if they have to stay somewhere as well as recurrent training etc.

Wonderful...........I think they are accepting apps and are trying to start some time late this year.

iwannaflyCAL said:
Another scary thought...

I went to an AIRINC conference in atlanta and a couple of ex-Ryan air guys are getting together to try a start up here in the US called Skybus. The CEO (I think) gave a presentation promising the same thing. All airbuses and the same guarantee of being home every night. I think the Ryan Air guys actually have to pay for their hotel rooms if they have to stay somewhere as well as recurrent training etc.

Wonderful...........I think they are accepting apps and are trying to start some time late this year.

http://www.skybus.com/...

Is this what your'e talking about?

Yup.

They were at the Nov 05 ATL job fair. I think the guy giving the presentation said something about a late 06 start up. I didn't take any notes during his presentation after he said something about saving money by not having to book rooms for crews. I figured if they were nickel and diming that much from the beginning, then the pay would be absurd. Anybody else go to the one in ATL last Nov? I can't remember all of the details, but it seemed like they had mucho funding and kinda wanted to take SouthWest on. I don't know if he went to any other AIRINC conferences after ATL.

Ex737Driver said:
$350.00??????????.........$350.00?????????? OMG, that is outragous!!!! Where the F does DAL get off? It should at least cost no more than it costs to drive there. But since that would call for driving across(under) the Gulf or through Mexico, which would probably take the length of your vacation, or drown you at least, maybe a couple of monkeys could fly out of your butt and take you there? :eek: I'm sorry, were you being facetious or rhetorical?

DAL is just another Ch.11 resident charging less than cost for a ticket. I was only half facetious.

As a former member of the airline pilot community, I now have to pay for my own tickets for vacation. The lower the better.

Since I still have friends in the business, I hope it works out for everyone.

As a realist, I doubt it will.TC

I'm stationed here in the EU now and almost drank the RyanAir koolaid as well. I'm still AD military, however was researching the company a few months back. read the fine print! FO pay up to "70K GBP", but year one is not much off of what you see stateside. they post the max rates after 10-15 yrs. also good point to read this board's EU cousin at http://www.pprune.org/forums/index.php search Ryan Air. Not very pretty from their own people. Kind of like SWA you have to be 73 typed already, however, (that is a BIG COMMA) you have to use one of two services to type you and they are no higher power $5995 special. Try more like 15-20K GBP. Fear not, the grass is not much greener here.
--Jeeves

The CEO of Ryanair is a major investor and has a seat on the board of allegiant airlines. They are trying to change the law in the US so foreigners can own more of a US carrier. Perhaps, they are allready here.

I was told that allegiant got many of it's ideas on selling stuff on planes from Ryanair. I hear allegiant is a nice place to work, but what if this guy get's in charge of it?

Bush wants the foreign owner ship to go through..unreal.....

Latest resources

Back