• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Here's a toast...

CWGrizwald

Total Time
6200+
Las Vegas man dies in Alaska crash

Associated Press - August 28, 2008 11:54 AM ET
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) - A Las Vegas man has died in a motorcycle crash on the Elliott Highway in Alaska's interior.
Alaska State Troopers say 64-year-old Donald A. Cornell died at the scene of the crash near mile 65 of the highway.
Troopers say the accident occurred Wednesday evening when Cornell's motorcycle struck the rear of a motorcycle driven by 61-year-old Daniel Vanderhorstof, also of Las Vegas.
Troopers say Vanderhorstof had been turning right to get off the northbound highway lane when his motorcycle was hit.
Both men were thrown off their motorcycles, which ended up on their sides. Troopers estimate each had been traveling at about 25 mph.
Both drivers were wearing helmets and Vanderhorstof was not hurt.

Don was a legendary test pilot, involved with the stealth program from the first days. He continued service to our country until the day he died as a Government contract pilot here in Vegas. He was my mentor and taught me a lot about flying the 737 and later supported my decision to make the move down the ramp to fly corporate. His loss will devastating to his family, friends and church.

Way2Broke

Total Time
Sorry to hear about your mentor.

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
Total Time
Looks like a trip by two old friends, two people who have tested exotic aircraft out of an interesting location, went horribly awry.

While just one person died, Daniels life will never be the same either. I am sure the guilt he is going through, would be indescribable.