Here Come the 15 Mar Calls!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Count me in!!

Just got the message, I was out at the wrong time when LL called. I'm Jones on the pool list. Whoooopie! Take care.

Great News Everyone

Congrtats! Looking forward to seeing y'all,

Best of luck and welcome aboard!!

Awesome

Congrats to all! SHOOTR, knock em dead. Thanks for makin room for the rest of us.

Who LUVS ya baby?!?

Congrats to all

To those who are getting the calls congrats to each of you & to your families....they have been through alot also, they deserve a big Valentine Day thanks for hanging in there through all of this.

Everyone is abuzz at SWA with all the growth projections. What people are still having a hard time realizing is that barring any unusual circumstances the next few months will be merely copied for years to come....yes, years to come. SWA will be interviewing & hiring for years to come with the requirements for pilots & FAs....800 of them to be hired this year along with the 400 pilots.

When you look at the number of Boeing aircraft that have been outright cancelled, by other carriers, Delta, CAL, AAL, etc the possibility exists for other aircraft to be added to the current list of aircraft, only my speculation but regardless of whether we add a single aircraft to the already bulging total, Southwest Airlines will be hiring/interviewing at rates that will exceed the amazing numbers in the late 90's.

So for those who are thinking you're never going to get called, it doesn't matter your experience level, furloughed, regional, corporate, military, etc, the chances are that if you meet the minimums & are serious about a career in aviation & have done the things you need to do to be competitive, over the next 12-36 months you will have an opportunity to demonstrate to SWA why you're a viable candidate. So my message is don't get discouraged, yes there maybe 5000 apps in the system but if the projected monthly/yearly interview totals are any indication, we'll have an unprecedented opportunity to see a vast & diverse group of pilots, good for SWA & many of you also. Good luck & hang in there.

JV,

Thanks! How was HPA? The cool new rating looks great under your name!

Good luck,
shootr

Got the call from LL today! Look forward to meeting everyone and finally putting a face w/ a name. Good luck to all those who recieved interview calls this week.:D

HPA was awesome. The experience was all that everyone claimed & more. SWA put out very encouraging info on the upcoming hiring. Hopefully the new interview process will be as relaxed & straight forward as SWA claims.

Latest resources

Back