• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

headsets

passion4flying

Total Time
5000+
Does anybody have any first hand information on headsets that are very compact and have the mic built into the ear piece. They are supposed to be made for race car drivers and the like. thanks.

Brett

lahso

Total Time
Hi,

I remembered seeing these in a pilot mag several months ago so I dug around till I found 'em:

The Panther C.A.T System (Cranial Audio Transmission) System
http://www.pantherelectronics.com/

They really would be better than heasphones and I think their Noise Reduction is better than any of the other headsets, too. Is this what you were looking for?

passion4flying

Total Time
5000+
I appreciate it. That is exactly what I am looking for. Do you have any information if it works as advertised or are there some bugs to work out. If I remember right they are pretty expensive so I want to see if anybody has used them and can tell me if they work as advertised. Thanx

Brett

Shark

Total Time
i have read about these too, and am considering them also but want some input from some one who has them.

passion4flying

Total Time
5000+
I have ordered them, but have not received them. I called them this week and they said they are back ordered but they are coming. I will post the results. Since I work for a large flight department they have agreed to give anybody who orders through me a 20% discount. If anybody is interested just PM me.

Brett

SkywayFO

Total Time
Enough
I talked with them at Oshkosh. Seems like a cool idea. But I know a guy that used them in the 328Jet and had trouble with them, lots of bleed over, but the 328 is touchy with headsets. My other thought is jaw movement, I chew gum when I am flying I wonder if this would break the squelch all the time. Just my 2 cents, I will be interested to see what you have to say when you get them.

passion4flying

Total Time
5000+
I just received the new headset and they work great. Great noise attenuation. Blocks out most of the sound from outside. Good quality and lightweight. I have to get used to the mono system, but they are coming out with a stereo system in the next 6 months or so. Any more questions just PM me.