Headsets, Inc. ANR kit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bushman

I am thinking about installing a Headsets, Inc. ANR retrofit to my David Clark H10-20. Has anyone ever done this or know anything about the kits? Is it really worth the $169?

I bought a used pair of H10-30's that had been modified with an aftermarked ANR (don't know the brand). I don't know how old the modification was when I got them, but it worked great when the power cord wasn't shorted out. I wish I'd had them when I instructed - they did a great job in the Chieftain four hours a day, seven days a week. The jack on the power cord wasn't designed for serious use though and about once every three months (or 350 hours) I'd have to re-solder the connections, usually after flying a few days without the ANR and going insane!

I finally got the opportunity to trade up to something quieter...airplanes, that is - not headsets!

I used to fly BE-18s and MU-2s and I got sick of putting ear plugs in before putting on my headsets. I added the Headsets inc. to my headsets and love them. I added them to my wifes set also. I agree about the plug. I changed it and created my own NiMH battery pack that is smaller than the one it comes with and lasts about 30hrs. on a charge. I've compared them to a lot of other ANR headsets and love mine. I have a few friends with the Bose Xs and Lightspeeds and I still like mine better. Take care.
P.S. They work great in the small piston singles too.

Its an awesome system and much better than any off the shelf ANR headset.

Mine are in a David Clark H10-13.4

Ive used them behind radial engines, turboprops and racing motors spinning 3600 RPM props and have had no complaints

The only thing they dont really quiet down is wind noise in a jet but they are so quiet anyway I usually use a Telex 750

The installation can be a little frustrating but the factory will do the install for $50 I think if cutting open your headset intimidates you

Latest resources

Back