Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old School 737

NG's now and it is A OK!!
I thought AlPA has a big push to wear the uniform, the whole uniform, hat included, and be proud. So I dug out my hat when we started contract talks last January and have been wearing it since. But at the Alaska rally in ANC the video shoes Capt. Prater walking around without his. What gives?

I thought AlPA has a big push to wear the uniform, the whole uniform, hat included, and be proud. So I dug out my hat when we started contract talks last January and have been wearing it since. But at the Alaska rally in ANC the video shoes Capt. Prater walking around without his. What gives?

Dosn't Alaska Airlines still require the hat? I know that CAL doesn't reuiqre hats with the summer uniform, that's probably why he wasn't wearing his. 73

Wear that pizza parlor hat. I don't think so. Oh, and yes, you do look funny wearing it.:nuts:

I think he should have worn it anyway. Plenty of CAL guys wear it in the Summer and I think that if you are ALPA President and get all the perks involved, you should have to adhear to the most strict uniform policy of the airlines you represent.

Prater? You mean you don't know?

He's a self-serving hypocrite.

Yeah, what he said. :)

Seriously though, he lost his hat a couple of months ago while jumpseating and still hasn't gotten a new one. He usually borrows another CAL pilot's hat if another CAL guy is at the picketing event, but I guess he was the only CAL pilot at this one.

From ALPA HQ policy:

17.21.a.2

"Representatives have the option of:

1) Wearing the hat associated with their respective airline, or;

2) A moustache may be substituted provided that it is of a size equal to, or greater than, that of the hat in section 17.21.a.2.1 ".

PIPE

May be a big Alaskan bird pooped on his hat?

I imagine it would be less damaging in eyes of the public and the press to not wear one in such case as opposed to wearing it.

Latest resources

Back