• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gulfstream Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finest airplane I've ever flown between service centers.

I think it will be the same type. They are just doing the same thing as falcon did with the 50 and 900. There is a considerable amount of differences between those two. No idea what happened on the G IV and V.

The Falcon 50, 50 EX, 900, 900EX, and 900Easy all have the same type rating but have WAY more differences between them than the IV and the V do. But they were initially certified by JAA. The Gulfstream was initially certified by FAA. As we know, most government agencies are corrupt and subject to political influence. Dassault wanted one type rating and so..... Certain other entities in the U.S. wanted separate types for the IV and the V and so... Follow the money. If the same influences are successful this time around, expect a separate type. I hate to be so cynical but one look around the American political landscape these days gives you the reason why.

The Falcon 50, 50 EX, 900, 900EX, and 900Easy all have the same type rating but have WAY more differences between them than the IV and the V do. But they were initially certified by JAA. The Gulfstream was initially certified by FAA. As we know, most government agencies are corrupt and subject to political influence. Dassault wanted one type rating and so..... Certain other entities in the U.S. wanted separate types for the IV and the V and so... Follow the money. If the same influences are successful this time around, expect a separate type. I hate to be so cynical but one look around the American political landscape these days gives you the reason why.

Agree with all. But the 900ez is a separate type. Because of the difficulty in going from an ez back to a 50.

I doubt FBW will be a problem. Remember Gulfstream is a General Dynamics company and they were pioneers of FBW when they rolled out the F-16 over 30 years ago. Yes I know apples and oranges, but there is no other company with more experience with FBW design than GD.

I doubt FBW will be a problem. Remember Gulfstream is a General Dynamics company and they were pioneers of FBW when they rolled out the F-16 over 30 years ago. Yes I know apples and oranges, but there is no other company with more experience with FBW design than GD.

You mean the F-111 about 43 years ago

NJI isn't the only company getting a fleet of G650's. There is another. Stay tuned.............:D

Is XO jet going to be around by 2012?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back