• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Gulfport, MS

CSY Mon

Total Time
12K+
Ouch. Why weren't those planes moved out of the region?
Happens all the time.

Owners are lazy, they don't give a sh!t, or they have plenty of insurance.

Seen it in the past:
Hurrican Hugo came-a-looking for ripe meat...Planes not being tied down and owners counting on a last minute sharp turns away from folks and their toys.

Not so, Mr. Hugo took out most of the planes I was driving a few years earlier, Aero Virgin Island's DC-3s...The company went T/U after that one.

Smarter Airlines like Eastern Metro Express, in the same neigborhood flew em out.
Not rocket science, the hurricane moves @ 15 MPH, the airplanes 10 times that speed....ya can play cat and mouse all day.

Sailboats on the other hand moves @ 6 MPH or so and ain't got no choice ir God's wrath comes a-visiting...Go to church folks, it may be an investment in the future....Hallelujah

ifleyelearz

Proud Techsan
Total Time
>2600
I wonder if they still have that awesome 88 Chrysler mini-van??? It would be a shame if they lost it.

KigAir

Viva France!
Total Time
CSY Mon said:
Happens all the time.

Owners are lazy, they don't give a sh!t, or they have plenty of insurance.

Let's see, move family or planes?

wms

billSquared
Total Time
Any pics of the air carrier terminal? All my GPT turns have been canceled for Sep.

Thanks

LDavid

I know what you did.
Total Time
NookyBooky said:
Ouch. Why weren't those planes moved out of the region?

It looks like the owners were ready to move on to another aircraft.

Have you ever heard of aircraft owners who fly their aircraft into the path of a hurricane only to leave them on the ramp with no tie downs?

CFIcare

DMC driver
Total Time
88mph
ifleyelearz said:
I wonder if they still have that awesome 88 Chrysler mini-van??? It would be a shame if they lost it.

Holy cow. I remember that van for some reason. Maybe it was the smell? Kinda smelled like my mom's old '74 Monte Carlo. It's true. Crew cars like that are indestructible... made from black boxes, I believe.