Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
I know a thread was started on the non-aviation related board, but since this is coming from TSA and other sources, I thought I'd post it here. I apologize if this is a duplicate post.

---------

TSA-12-13770-04 Suspicious Laser Lights Near Cleveland (CLE)

At 2100 hours on December 27, a report was issued over the Domestic Event Net that the pilot of Continental 509 (Washington Reagan-Cleveland) reported that during approach to the airport, approximately 10 minutes from Cleveland, a green laser light was seen in the cockpit and seemed to follow the aircraft for a few seconds when the aircraft was at approximately 7500 feet. Local FBI and LEOs were notified; the FBI interviewed the pilot and local police responded to the area at a mall where the laser could have emanated from. The results of the LEO search proved negative. There was no media attention. TSOC briefed the Domestic Events Net, DHS, ICE/CBP, TSIS, Cleveland FSD, FBI SIOC, and FAM MOC.
-----------------
TSA-12-13773-04 Suspicious Laser Lights Near Colorado Springs (COS)

At 2202 hours on December 27, a report was issued over the Domestic Event Net that at 2145 hours, the pilot of American 1001 (Dallas Ft. Worth-Colorado Springs) reported a green laser light was seen in the cockpit during approach to Colorado Springs approximately four miles from the airport at 2,000 feet. During this time, Key Lime Air 1961 (Canon City-Colorado Springs) also reported a green laser light in the cockpit during decent to the airport at approximately 5,000 feet. Local FBI and LEOs were notified and LEOs dispatched a helicopter to search the area. The search did not determine the cause of the laser lights or uncover any suspicious activity. There was no media attention. ICE/CBP were not notified. TSOC briefed DHS, ICE/CBP, TSIS, Colorado Springs Acting FSD, FBI SIOC, and FAM MOC.

Last edited:
a friend has one of those they are very powerful he had it out one night and you could point it at things from a far distance and it would lite up He ended up getting pulled over for it later and the cop was not happy at all.

I have posted about this before (I'm not searching the forum you can) but this is the scary part

http://64.252.62.40.nyud.net:8090/lasershoppe/index.htm

In the case of lasers, it is never good to be looking into a laser beam of any wattage especially as the damage to your retina (likely the retinal pigment epithelium initially) may go undetected for years, but could establish a starting off point for macular degeneration. But like the above laser in the link; because of it's power!!!! you are starting to be able to cause some real damage immediately!!!!

you pro guys might want to think about a sunglasses that defuse laser light.

Latest resources

Back