getting on with Fedex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

superrav

how does a guy with no contacts at fedex get his foot in the door?

Get contacts...... part of their interview process is using their pilots to weed out undesirables.. find a guy(s) to politick your cause and get hired... what is a couple of years of effort for a 20+ career...

Get crackin!!

Join the Marines. Fly. Retire. Apply at FedEx. If you've never flown in the military you probably have a better chance of becoming a space shuttle astronaut.

Get a job on the ramp throwing boxes.... Make sure it's a "Permanent Part-time" position or better. Casual positions don't count.

Throw boxes for a year and if your qualified you can apply on the internal postings for pilot jobs and with good recs from your manager probably get the intreview and get hired.

Past....

Is express flexible at all about the days that you work? Is it possible to work more hours a few days a week, instead of 3-4 hours 5 days a week?

Thanks

Having spent 4 years moving boxes for Fedex before now flying for their feeder system I can tell you that they expect you to be there when you are scheduled. It can be a good idea in theory to work at purple while flying to get your turbine time, but if you think you will have trouble with the schedule then do yourself a favor and find another way. Attendance can ruin a good in if you have to go out of town at all.

Ref

It's a tough nut to crack. I've got a sponsor and 4 other recommendations that I've flown with and still can't get a meet-n-greet. Been trying for almost 2 years now.

Latest resources

Back