Flightinfo: New and Improved

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
From a personal perspective, I must say, I like it much better.

Not every windbag has chosen to find another website. But, by and large, I think in the long run this site will be better off.

'mar' (been coming here since '98.)

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
mar said:
From a personal perspective, I must say, I like it much better.

Not every windbag has chosen to find another website. But, by and large, I think in the long run this site will be better off.

'mar' (been coming here since '98.)
I used to have some respect for you and your posts, but this is the second time youmakea post calling us some name for leaving.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
I'm sorry to disappoint you.

But you weren't one of the people I was thinking about.

In fact, I can't even recall where you stand on the "windbag" issues.

So now I think you should take this opportunity to make a great aviation-oriented post. One that will spark some interest and maybe even lure that 15 year old kid who has been lurking to register a user-name and post a question.

Good luck.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Well, I guess I didn't see any names so I assumed it was addressed to all the people leaving to other boards.

I don't really feel like make an aviation-oriented post, I'm ery tired.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
Sigh.

Many are called.

Few will answer.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
I flew my butt off today...

...just to plug in my laptop and see what wonderful story was waiting for me.

A lot of guys just don't get it.

Flying is all about the stories. Just make one up.

"There I was..."

"Flat on my back..."

"Japs coming out of the sun..."

coolyokeluke

Total Time
2600+
Hey this has potential as a keep it going thread...

There I was, sitting ARC (airport standby), bored out of my gord, when suddenly....

avbug

Total Time
n/a
I took my kids to see the Thunderbirds this weekend. They were up to their usual high standard, with no disappointment.

As it has always done, watching the missing man formation made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end, and I got chills.

It does that every time.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
I'm ashamed to admit this:

I can't remember the last time I saw the T-birds perform.

I think it was 1987 at Luke AFB.

Where are they performing now?

Swass

So long, America.....
Total Time
3,000+
mar said:
But you weren't one of the people I was thinking about.

In fact, I can't even recall where you stand on the "windbag" issues.

So now I think you should take this opportunity to make a great aviation-oriented post. One that will spark some interest and maybe even lure that 15 year old kid who has been lurking to register a user-name and post a question.

Good luck.
I say bring back the Duke's sticky, that would be a start.

Jeff Helgeson

Total Time
What's the link, again?

What is the link to the other website?

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
mar said:

Good luck.
When I was that kid, I wanted the unvarnished, "this is the life of a REAL aviator"--blemishes and all. What I got was a day at a Blue Angel's practice session. When I finally got to meet my heroes in person I ended up with a Navy Public Relations presentation. Bull $h!t...

I wanted to talk to a REAL pilot, not some PR flack. I finally got my wish when I got hired by StatesWest and flew with some ex-bush pilots and firebombers. THEY had BTDT.

So, any 15 year olds out ther aspiring to fly, don't let the flies settle on you--get off your butt and go learn to fly. It's the only way to meet REAL pilots. Keep your ears open and your mouth shut until you get a few thousand hours. That's a start.

There, Mar. You happy now? ;) TC

Eagleflip

Total Time
5000+
Duke's back--thanks for reminding us that our heritage is important.

I can't guarantee that his posts will stay "stuck" indefinately, but his words will live for a long while.

Godspeed, Duke!:cool:

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
Hah! You wan't a flying story, I got a flying story.

Last week, I'm taxiing out after getting all the yadda yadda yadda done. You know, all that cool guy pilot stuff like making sure the desired oil quantity is inside the engine and that the dipstick is latched, cargo doors locked, ATIS, IFR clearance, taxi clearance, Joan Jett playing on the Avidyne, monitor tower. Just your typical freight dog kinda day.

When all the sudden, Captain Bozo from Northwest chimes in on tower after being handed off from approach...

CA Bozo: "Hey, I don't know if anybody told you guys, but the PAPI is out on 7 left."

Tower: "Hey, I don't know if you noticed it, but the PAPI out of service is in the ATIS Romeo."

CA Bozo: "Oh, I don't think we got that one...we must have KEE-BECK, thank you!"

Tower: "You're welcome."

CA Bozo: "Rodger dodger."

Tower: "Toodles."

CA Bozo: "Yabba dabba doo!"

I fought the urge to use "dude" in the next communication I had with tower...

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
Mo Betta

AA717driver said:
There, Mar. You happy now? ;) TC
That was a good start. Thanks man.

FN FAL--Thank you for a very succinct example of two professionals working together for the completion of a safe flight...

..or something like that.

Did I ever tell you the one about the time I buzzed the snow plows off the runway during a snowstorm while I was SVFR. There was a fed in the tower, watched the whole thing, and the controller covered up for me and told him it was an "operational error". He basically took the blame.

I bought a lot of beer for the tower guys.

Fly safe.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
click the link in my profile. word.

Joe Jet Pilot

Total Time
5000+
This place is headed on a 180 heading, everyone welcome on the new board! Come one and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

avbug

Total Time
n/a
Mar, the Tbirds were at Nellis (vegas), last show of the season. Very low turnout, mild weather, and for the first time in my life, I didn't get sunburned to the point of blistering at an airshow.

A chance to watch an F-22, a F-4, and a P-51 do formation flyby's. Five dollar hamburgers. The Hanoi taxi. Sixteen T-6's doing formation flyby's and a mock air race. Medal of honor recipients and former long time POW's taking turns addressing the crowd, as the show as done in honor of Vietnam vets. Even Ann Margaret there in honor of her two USO tours in Vietnam.

And the most exciting thing the kids could remember was the navy sponsored off road vehicles, and the dog tags I bought for each of them from Navy UDT.

Different strokes.