• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Necromonger

OK.
Let me hear from you Flex Guys/Gals:
Tell me why I shouldn't vote YES for a union here.
Cards are commin' in.

spoken like a true spinless person!!!!!!

When are you pilots gonna get it, YOUR not trying to bankrupt the company! None of us are, NJ, FLOPS, FLEX and sonner or later CS, none of us want our respected companys to go under, nor are we asking for the moon (gettin rich). Just what is fair

Last edited:
I'd say the Netjets pilots are better off with the new union-negotiated contract. What do you guys have to lose? Not much. You need better schedules and better pay (Netjets level) and I doubt you will get either without more leverage - union leverage. I firmly believe that. Flexjet with Netjets-level wages and a better schedule than the current system would be tough to beat.

What have you got to lose? If the powers that be would have ponied up earlier then you wouldn't be at the cross roads. If they haven't done so now, why would they in the future? Send in yer cards boys!

The downside risk is far greater than the upside potential. In other words, there's more to lose than there is to gain.

Let me take a stab at this one.

Just looking at days worked and pay for F/O's:

Flexjet days worked per year: 208
Pay: [yr1- $39728; yr2-$43888; yr3-$45968]
Daily rate: [yr1-$191; yr2-$211; yr3-$221]

Netjets days worked per year: 182
Pay: [yr1-$39000; yr2-$40950; yr3-$43000]
Daily rate: [yr1-$214; yr2-$225; yr3-$236]

Captains

Flexjet(you lose a year at flexjet as a captain)
Pay: [yr3-$71968; yr4-$83200; yr5-$85904]

Netjets
Pay: [yr3-$80630; yr4-$90000; yr5-$92250]

And for grins, if you wanted to lose say, $1800 a year paying for your own insurance at flex, you would have to subtract that.

So to answer your question, you are right, there is "more to lose" when you talk in terms of pay and days worked. Kool-aid, keep on drinking it bro.

Last edited:
OK.
Let me hear from you Flex Guys/Gals:
Tell me why I shouldn't vote YES for a union here.
Cards are commin' in.

That's not our responsibility, you have to make this decision on your own. You can't use anything an anonymous person tells you, and you should only take what others you aren't afraid of their identity, say with a grain of salt. Its your decision to make, as is everything you do every day of your life. Just remember the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, you know where the septic take is.

As for me I have my reasons to vote NO.

Just remember you applied here knowing there was no union, so you should be asking yourself why do I want to change the company I came begging to for a job.

My thoughts supported by me, they only opinion that matters to me.

Walsh

"As for me I have my reasons to vote NO"

Management loves people like you and your reasons (Morals), This is business, Morals have no room in buisness.

You, mid-level and upper-level management are paid what you negotiate not what your Morals tell you, your worth.

Say what you want about the Teamsters, but lets look at Raytheon, American (remember Don Cartys Scam), Bombardier(sp)(remember the 7 and 2 schedule for a while), Cessna, Enron (we still fly some of there old higher up people), Tyco (remember the 6000.00 shower curtains) and any other corporate management that pays off the public and the elected officials thru whatever means possible. None of them are Saints, nor are any one of them charity events, but ALL of them are in the business to make money.

Last edited:
"Just remember you applied here knowing there was no union"

Funny you say that......All of us at RTA and FLOPS were hired under a live anywhere you want. Well before the Union vote at FLOPS, management decided to say, bye bye to the "live anywhere" policy and hello to the new "gateways" policy.

So how is that Moral

Latest resources

Back