Flaming Douche Bags

DrewBlows

Go Tigers!
Total Time
Is there a rule against constant flame bait? There seems to be a few douche bags on this board who entertain themselves by posting for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. It ruins otherwise intellegent threads (okay, this may be a streach but you get the idea). If we report these morons will they get tossed from the board? I know that they can easily get a new screen name, but after a while they would get bored with it and stop (hopefully). It is my personal opinion that if flamers are thrown out, this board would become a more intellegent and interesting forum.

Disclaimer: I am all for free speach, but the moderators (as directed by the owner, I suppose) dictate what is proper on this board. I think that flamers should get tossed, if they feel they have been wronged they can argue their case, but flame bait is pretty easy to identify.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
topped off by frontier1, as214, and kidcharlamagne, to list a few

A Squared

Total Time
cforst513 said:
topped off by frontier1, as214, and kidcharlamagne, to list a few
Apparently, your definition of "flaming douchebag" is "people who don't share my opinions. I'll grant you as214 is excessively abrasive, and it wouldn't disappoint me much to se him gone. I don't necessarily agree with kidcharlemagne and frontier but they are not flamebaiters. they hold opinons which are not popular here and they are very agressive in stating them and defending them. however, if you remove the slant of the opinions, they really don't do anything that many others don't do. Have you read the crap that 100LL spews, endlessly? I'm not a liberal, but I'm still objective enough to realize that his drivel is just abrasive mindless flamebaiting. It is pretty telling that he didn't make your list of people who need to be removed. 100LL is responsible for probably 10 times the quantitity of namecalling, insults and infantile diatribes as kid and frontier put together.

So, it is evident that you're really not interested in getting rid of flaming douchebags, you're interested in geting rid of people who don't share your world view.

It must suck to be so insecure that you want to be surrounded by people who all think like you.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
i'm trying to get rid of people who are mean. you're on the list now. meanie.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
and to be honest, i was just naming a few right off the top of my head. not only for flame baiting, but b/c, overall, these people are abrasive. throw political views and the like out the window. i'm talking strictly from the standpoint of being an ass, a few of the aforementioned people take the cake.

English

Total Time
cforst513, you CAN'T put A Squared on the list of flamers. He's already on the list of Flightinfo Distinguished Scholar.

A Squared

Total Time
English said:
cforst513, you CAN'T put A Squared on the list of flamers. He's already on the list of Flightinfo Distinguished Scholar.
Yes you can, I'd much rather have noteriety than respect.

English

Total Time
Respect at flinfo?

I must have missed that box when I registered here. :)

banned username 2

Banned User
DrewBlows said:
Is there a rule against constant flame bait? If we report these morons will they get tossed from the board? I know that they can easily get a new screen name, but after a while they would get bored with it and stop (hopefully). It is my personal opinion that if flamers are thrown out, this board would become a more intellegent and interesting forum.
The BEST thing you can do is report the problem people... The Moderators do NOT view every thread, we only review posts that are reported... If a person is constantly making trouble, start reporting them, a pattern will become obvious, and if warranted, the person will be banned, perhaps permanently...

I have started to grow very weary of all the crap on the board lately and have move into more of a "zero tolerance" mode... I have noo problem banning someone permanently, and then keeping an eye on new registers and matching IP addresses so if the same tool registers again, I will ban that name too... It is kinda like hunting, but different...

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
english, how is the cat in your avatar not going insane with that thing on its head? the cats i know flip out when you try to rub their belly, let alone put something on their head!! it's funny, though.

and he really made the list? i had no idea! i stopped reading that thread a while ago *sniffle* b/c no one mentioned *sniffle* MEEEEE!!!!

GravityHater

Total Time
Falcon Capt said:
I have started to grow very weary of all the crap on the board lately
Many of us look forward to that, and also to taking FI to the next level, where it becomes a fun and interesting place that one can also expect to enhance their aviation knowledge.

You know, I have this ridiculous fantasy from time to time, that a person can log onto FI and ask a question without fear and ridicule! I know - too silly - but bear with my fantasy for a second. Imagine you have a question of some type, and posing it brings out the patient, worldy instructor in people - you get real help and start to understand an issue better. Crazy, but I guess we all have stupid dreams. The knowledgable, 'Duke Elegante' types of the world who have something truly useful and helpful to share are either no longer with us, or have been pushed away from FI by all the "crap", as you say.

Instead, when you ask a question here you get challenges, you get "I can't believe you don't know that", you get someone with an ego problem asking"why are we even discussing this?!".
But I have mentioned this before. (is there any way for moderators to see the flood of PMs I get each time I do bring it up? - this might help them.)

The FI moderators need to decide which direction they want FI to go. I think it basically it comes down to two styles of forums, Professional Adults or Asinine Teenager.

banned username 2

Banned User
GravityHater said:
The FI moderators need to decide which direction they want FI to go. I think it basically it comes down to two styles of forums, Professional Adults or Asinine Teenager.
Actually the membership needs to decide... You can cast your vote by reporting the crap, and continue to report it until it is gone... FI is sort of "Self Policing", we depend on the members to report the problems... with only a very small handful of Moderators and nearly 25,000 members, it is a lot of work...

Now make sure you aren't reporting people just because they don't agree with your views... Report the real crap... If you are a "cry wolf" guy, if everytime I see you report a post and I check it out and it is fine, eventually I will disregard your reports, but if you are a good member of the community and only report those posts that cross the line, your report will be acted upon quickly and completely...

It is up to you, the membership of FI to make this a better place...

English

Total Time
Why not just get more moderators?

Some people practically live here, anyway.

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
English said:
Why not just get more moderators?

Some people practically live here, anyway.

Tellme about it, we should send a letter to the webmaster.

YGBSM

Old flaccid member
Total Time
>0
T-Gates said:
Seriously....I spend enough time on here where I do probably read every thread....

Many others too....I'd love to have a shot at some Rhoid hunting....that's getting old.

If I see one more over-zealous E170 FO screename hell-bent on nothing but raising cain, I'm going to puke.
My sole purpose on this board is to provide feedback to sh1theads. Although I believe I may have contributed (at most) one useful post, I pledge to retire if the moderators will step up and control the retards on the board.

What a waste of a great resource.

Pedro

Not too happy...
Total Time
$$$$$$
It can be dne with moderation.If everybody here were to think like gravityhater, I'd be out of here. But some people just cross the line...

banned username 2

Banned User
Retard Control

YGBSM said:
My sole purpose on this board is to provide feedback to sh1theads. Although I believe I may have contributed (at most) one useful post, I pledge to retire if the moderators will step up and control the retards on the board.

What a waste of a great resource.
Start reporting the bad posts, we can't do it without the help of the membership! To report a bad post, hit the little ! in the red triangle under the persons profile... Fill in the info and it will be sent to all moderators for a review... Simple as that!