Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ShutupandFly

lovin every min of it!
Can somone tell me if this passes the smell test. The union at my airline has told us we have a TA with the company but they are not posting it on the website. They are going to "present" the information to us at two meetings they will have at the end of the month. We are supposed to make it to one of the meetings, listen to what they have to say and then vote yes or no. This will be a problem for me as I won't even be in the coutry on ether date. This is what they posted.

"There is no doubt that you are very anxious to see the language and terms of your new contract. Because this is your first agreement we will present the information at ratification meetings on January 23rd and 24th. We will announce the times and location sometime next week. It is very important that everyone make a special effort to come to one of the meetings. Ballots will be handed out at the meetings and then will be counted after the last meeting on January 24th."

Any suggestions?

Wow, just wow. I don't even think that meets the NLRB standards for holding an election, but I'm just a pilot, not a lawyer.... I would vote no because I wouldn't be able to review it before voting, giving pilots a chance to look for loopholes or other problems the union missed.

TA rejected, maybe the union will start talking to us now.

9e......

Latest resources

Back