• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

414Flyer

Down with Chemtrails!
link to news article

FORT LAUDERDALE --Just One Station -- A South Florida airport falling prey to one man's dangerous deception.

A former employee at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, allegedly posing as a pilot, flying private planes and jets without a license.

Police arresting Marvin Jacobs-- charging him with operating a commercial aircraft without a valid license.

Jacobs told police he bought a fake license for one thousand dollars.

No word on how many people flew with this unlicensed pilot

How in the world did this huckster convince ANYONE to give him an airplane? Did he have a fake medical and logbook??:confused:

--If you pay a forger for a license is it considered PFT?

--In bypassing the highly rated Traumahawk for initial training, did he violate any scope clause (es)?

--Can we call him a scab anyway?.....

;)

My question is who was this guy before he got this licenses with the name Marvin Jacobs on them? Did he purchase this fake licenses and a jet, then taught himself how to fly with commercial proficiency. Could one get a fake ATP ticket with some type ratings on it and just say he has no time it type and fool everybody around him? Wouldn't someone see that something didn't add up? There must be more to this story.

Did anybody stop to find out if he could really fly the airplane? Apparently he could. He may be an uncertificated pilot, but is apparently a pilot, none the less.

Without touching on the moral issues, apparently this individual was capable enough to not only convince people to let him fly their airplane, but to convince people while he flew.

The owner of a big ranch in New Mexico near Santa Fe, for years flew an airplane around, and flew his friends too. He crashed recently, probably in the past couple years. Turned out he never had a license.

so basically what your telling me is THIS guy could get a jet job with no license, and i'm still instructing in tomahawks?? jesus. i knew there had to be a better way. anyone got the number to the florida state pen? :eek:

starvingcfi...still

Latest resources

Back