Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GOBUFFS

Beat Nebraska!!!
just received my packet from the FAA(it took about 6 weeks and got $5 back) the packet included every 8710 and written test for the appropriate rating.
However, i thought it would be a "complete" packet meaning where are the medical certificates or my current 8410?(135 sign-off). i am trying to find out as much information about my career, so when hiring resumes there are no surprises.
also is the PRIA limited to the employer? where could i find out more info on obtaining those records? this all stems from reading posts where past employers fail to send in work histroy, (for whatever reason) therefore costing you a job. thanks in advance-fly safe.
GB

FAA medical records

You need to order your medical records separately.

Try this page: http://www.faa.gov/avr/aam/acans2.htm .

This link will take you to the AC on PRIA: http://www.faa.gov/fsdo/ict/ac120-68.pdf

Read the AC. It appears that you can obtain a copy of a PRIA request and a copy of the records furnished. You can also correct inaccuracies and review any employment records.

Smart move, to obtain records on yourself that others can obtain about you.

Last edited:
past employers

The requirement is not on the for past employers to respond to the PRIA act, there is only a requirement for the hiring company to do a check. If the former employer fails to respond it should not effect your hiring status. The hiring just needs to verify that they went throughout the process, we do that with a second request letter that is sent registered return receipt. This documents we did our job. We have alot of companies for many reason who do not respond, out of business, change of address etc.

Latest resources

Back